The Nega-Bands were awarded to Captain Mar-Vell by the Kree Supreme Intelligence. However, the Nega-Bands quickly trapped Mar-Vell in the Negative Zone. Meanwhile, on Earth, Rick Jones found a pair of Nega-Bands after he left the Avengers. Using the bracelets, Rick Jones was able to trade places with Captain Marvel in the Negative Zone.
Captain Marvel's children Genis and Phyla-Vell also wielded a set. A fourth set, possibly Mar-Vell's original pair, were stolen by the Shi'ar in order to create the Nega Bomb which, under influence by the Supreme Intelligence, they sent to devastate Kree Space. A fifth set was acquired by the Skrulls and give to Khn'nr who was to insert himself into the superhero population as a time lost Captain Marvel, the location of these nega bands after his death has not been revealed.
Lord Annihilus stumbled across a pair of his own Nega Bands which he used as a means of creating another breach from his domain into the positive matter universe. Using one band in each opposing space to act as a target waypoint from which to shoot through using his Positron cannon, a device which was revealed to be powered by the second band as they could channel matter and antimatter to be used both as a power source and firing mechanism.
Yet another pair of bands pertaining to unknown origins once belonged to a corpse found on the Milano, a Raptor ship stolen by The Guardians of the Galaxy. An enclave of the Fraternity came to retrieve their prize, led by Talonar, but came into conflict with Star Lord after he poisoned Rocket. Talonar had been studying and experimenting with the Kree weaponry for months after their acquisition, trying to open a gateway to Null Space where the Tree of Shadows resides, in order to access the Darkhawk Drone technology; but to no avail.
The Kree Nega-Bands were classified by the Initiative as Omega Class Weapons, at the level of the Tactigon. It was later revealed that while the bands do work without their mate, users will only possess half their functionality with only one band, their power often cutting out while the other is in use. It was also revealed they can open gateways to and from different points in the universe.
The Nega-Bands will automatically adjust their size to perfectly fit their wearer. The Nega-Bands are also able to transform the mental energy of the wearer into physical energy granting the users enhanced abilities including:
- Increased Physical Strength
- Interstellar Flight
- Energy Manipulation: The ability to absorb & manipulate various types of energy.
- Invulnerability: The bands increased invulnerability to physical attacks.
- Self-Sustenance: The bands allow the user to survive in the vacuum of space, and to survive without the requirement of nourishment, water, or oxygen.
- Teleportation: They can open gateways to and from different points in the universe.
- Cosmic Awareness: Some users gain Cosmic Awareness when wearing the bands.
Alternate Reality Versions
Home Reality of Noh-Varr (Earth-200080)
Noh-Varr's bands, gifted possibly by an alternate Supreme Intelligence, granted:
- Many practical aspects of the in-universe Nega-Bands
- Produces a performance boosting kree Battle suit
- Teleportation, range unspecified
- Analysis and tracking of energy signatures
- Tracking and detection invisibility
- Holographic projection
- Onboard technological arrays used for mechanical construction
- Cyberpathic interfacing with technology & machinery
- There are only 4-6 known sets of Nega-Bands.
- 277 appearance(s) of Nega-Bands
- 46 minor appearance(s) of Nega-Bands
- 8 mention(s) of Nega-Bands
- 158 image(s) of Nega-Bands