Nemesis was originally the sole being in all of existence. Out of loneliness, this cosmic being took part of herself and gave the universe independent life; however, because the entity didn't know good nor evil, and thus didn't will her creations to be good, they turned out to be evil. Displeased with her creations, the entity destroyed them.
The entity ultimately chose to put an end to herself due to her loneliness, forming the Infinity Gems and most of reality. The cosmic being's death also brought its creations, the demon horde, back into existence.
When the gems were transported into the Ultraverse, along with several heroes and villains, Adam Warlock pursued them. In that new reality, a seventh gem called the Ego Gem, which had been lost, was found. Once the gems were reunited, they brought back the entity whose death had created them: Nemesis. It was defeated by the Avengers and UltraForce, alongside several alternate reality versions of those same teams.
Powers and Abilities
her reintegrated form was weakened by the disturbances caused by the fact that six of the seven Infinity Gems had gained sentience.
- The origin of Nemesis is similar to that of the First Firmament.
- One aspect of the origin of Nemesis that has been overlooked by official and fan websites is the fact that she was not intended to be a recreation of that solitary being whose suicide resulted in the formation of the seven Infinity Gems. This can be seen in UltraForce/Avengers #1 when the Omniscient Narrative makes the following statement about Nemesis: "It is her function to create, but, devoid of a controlling influence, the operating system called Nemesis isn't doing it right." This indicates that "the Nemesis system" was only meant to have been part of that original entity and not the whole of the entity, like Nemesis was supposed to be an A.I. that helped the original entity with its creative tasks but not the entity itself, which was that aforementioned "controlling influence."
- 6 appearance(s) of Nemesis (Cosmic Being) (First Cosmos)
- 5 minor appearance(s) of Nemesis (Cosmic Being) (First Cosmos)
- 1 mention(s) of Nemesis (Cosmic Being) (First Cosmos)
- 4 image(s) of Nemesis (Cosmic Being) (First Cosmos)
- 2 quotation(s) by or about Nemesis (Cosmic Being) (First Cosmos)
- 1 item(s) used/owned by Nemesis (Cosmic Being) (First Cosmos)