In the 1600s', New Amsterdam was settled by Dutch immigrants. These immigrants were greeted by time traveler Wolf Turber a robot from the future of Earth-TRN215 who sought to conquer the Earth. He attempted to subvert the Dutch immigrants in 1649 to his cause, but they saw through his duplicity and chased him away.
New Amsterdam is a city present in at least three realities:
On Earth-7940, a historical divergence sometime in the 1600s or 1700s caused New York City to retain the name of New Amsterdam. This city still became the home of the Avengers and the Fantastic Four. Following the devastation of the Earth by Galactus, it also became the central base of operations for the Red Skull's reborn Nazi party.
- New Amsterdam is the original name for the Dutch trading post that eventually became the city of New York. Although unconfirmed, it likely occupies the same space as New York in its alternate realities.
- The New Amsterdam of Earth-7940 was not identified as such until The Thing returned to that reality in Marvel Two-in-One #100, whereupon he noticed the difference in the city's name in a copy of the Daily Bugle.
- 3 Appearances of New Amsterdam
- Minor Appearances of New Amsterdam
- 1 Media New Amsterdam was Mentioned in
- Images featuring New Amsterdam
- Location Gallery: New Amsterdam