When the X-Men were under attack from Norman Osborn, H.A.M.M.E.R., the Dark Avengers and the Dark X-Men, Cyclops charged the X-Club with raising Asteroid M from San Francisco Bay to serve as an island stronghold for mutantkind. Thus Utopia was born.
However, not long after the X-Men relocated, the island base began to slowly sink. To permanently fix the problem Magneto approached King Namor with a plan to build a support pillar to serve the double purpose of preventing the sinking of Utopia and housing the scattered Atlanteans. Namor agreed and New Atlantis was constructed just beneath Utopia. Soon hundreds of Atlanteans came to their new home.
Phoenix Five and Destruction
After Captain America arrived on Utopia, demanding Hope Summers, a war between the Avengers and the X-Men began. Due to the Avengers intervention, the Phoenix was accidentally split, and merged with five X-Men (including Namor). Using their new powers, Phoenix Five recreated Utopia into a giant structure raised floating over the San Francisco Bay. After the Phoenix Force was excised from Cyclops, Utopia fell, ruined, back into the bay, and New Atlantis was destroyed with it.
Namor later resided, hermit-like, in the ruins of New Atlantis.
Points of Interest
- Namor's Palace - Housing Namor's throne room and living quarters for the royal court.
- Logomancer Lab - Logomancer's lab is where both science and magic are studied.
- Little Lemuria - A district of New Atlantis populated by Lemurians.
- Avenue of Poseidon
- New Atlantis
- General Kadar
- Tiger Shark
- 33 Appearances of New Atlantis (Atlantean Pillar)
- 3 Minor Appearances of New Atlantis (Atlantean Pillar)
- 7 Media New Atlantis (Atlantean Pillar) was Mentioned in
- 3 Images featuring New Atlantis (Atlantean Pillar)
- Location Gallery: New Atlantis (Atlantean Pillar)
- 2 locations in New Atlantis (Atlantean Pillar)