Appearing in "Town Without Pity"
- Luke Cage (Main story and flashback)
- Leodis Dyson (First appearance) (Main story and flashback)
- New Avengers
- Jessica Jones-Cage
- Danielle Cage
- Mrs. Dyson
- Woodward Himes (First appearance) (Photo)
- Norman Osborn (Mentioned)
- New York City
- Harlem (Only in flashback)
- 3014 Preid Street, North Philadelphia
- 30th Street Station, Center City Philadephia
Synopsis for "Town Without Pity"
After Luke Cage, Spider-Man and Ronin defeat Hippo in Midtown, New York, Cage goes back home to talk to his wife, Jessica Jones, about him going to Philadelphia. Cage finally persuades Jessica to let him go and investigate an incident of violence against one a kid Cage knew when he was first starting out as a superhero, Leodis Dyson. After arriving in Philadelphia, Cage arrives at the office where Leodis had set up his Hero for Hire business and finds that it has been trashed. Just then, Hammerhead shows up and proceeds to fight Cage. It is then revealed that Hammerhead has had his strength enhanced to superhuman levels as he is able to send Cage flying with a backhand. However, Hammerhead still retreats when he hears police sirens coming and later on, contacts his employer Mr. Negative who tells Hammerhead to get back to him. Meanwhile, Cage visits Leodis in the hospital who says that he deserve his beating up and more.
When an old friend from Luke Cage’s past is put in the hospital by a vicious attack, Cage leaves his New York City, Avengers Assemblin’ adventure-filled life for the cold, harsh and mean streets of North Philadelphia. But what’s brought HAMMERHEAD to town as well? JOHN ARCUDI (Wednesdays Comics) and ERIC CANETE (AMAZING SPIDER-MAN) team up to bring you this hard hitting, two-fisted look at the seedier sides of the Marvel U as the original Hero for Hire gets back to work in NEW AVENGERS: LUKE CAGE!
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for info.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss New Avengers: Luke Cage Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Images from New Avengers: Luke Cage Vol 1 1
- ↑ This story is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's:
|Like this? Let us know!|