In accordance with the naming conventions, it has been suggested that this page be moved to:
- True heroism is moving into a battle zone thinking about your family at home.
Appearing in "Pot of Gold"
- New Avengers
- Fantastic Four
- Daredevil (Matt Murdock) (First appearance)
- Black Cat (Felicia Hardy) (First appearance)
- S.H.I.E.L.D. (First appearance)
- Thor (First appearance)
- Bruce Banner (First appearance)
- U.S. Army
Races and Species:
- U.S.S. John Paul Jones (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Pot of Gold"
Nick Fury recruits the Avengers, the Fantastic Four and various other heroes to make a goodwill tour of various military bases around the world. At the same time the Kingpin has recruited a former Soviet to rob a bank. The Disruptor's cyborg implants, however, actually make electronic fund transfers from the AAFES (Army/Air Force Exchange Services) accounts to the Kingpin's own account.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss New Avengers Marvel Salutes the U.S. Military Vol 1 2 on the forums
- 9 Images from New Avengers Marvel Salutes the U.S. Military Vol 1 2
Links and References
AAFES Press Release (names villain as "The Disruptor")
|Like this? Let us know!|
After the quality story of the first one, I was anxious to read the second when I saw it. This one, I must say, was a disappointment. The Fantastic Four are back (the DVD was about to come out), but not really neccessary this time. Captain America sends the team, and other heroes, on a goodwill mission to visit the troops around the world and deliver supplies. There is a funny sub-plot with a couple heroes giving the Sentry wrong directions. Meanwhile, the Kingpin has hired some crazy Soviet reject from the Cold War to break into AAFES vault and steal their millions. But the Soviet guy is just a ruse, because all the banking is done electronically. This plot just had me rolling my eyes. It was too silly for me, even in an AAFES give-away book. The art is still very good, though.GRADE: C