Appearing in "Breakout!: Part 3"
- New Avengers (Main story and flashback) (First appearance)
- Captain America (Steve Rogers) (Joins team) (Main story and flashback)
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Main story and flashback) (Joins team)
- Iron Man (Tony Stark) (Joins team) (Main story and flashback)
- Luke Cage (Joins team) (Main story and flashback)
- Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) (Joins team) (Main story and flashback)
- Foggy Nelson (Only in flashback)
- Sentry (Robert Reynolds) (Only in flashback)
- Daredevil (Matt Murdock) (Main story and flashback)
- Jessica Jones
- S.H.I.E.L.D. (Main story and flashback) agents
- Edwin Jarvis (First appearance)
- Purple Man (Zebediah Killgrave) (Only in flashback)
- Mandrill (Jerome Beechman) (Only in flashback)
- Brothers Grimm (Only in flashback)
- Jigsaw (Billy Russo) (Only in flashback)
- Electro (Max Dillon) (Mentioned)
- Dard'van (Behind the scenes)
- Avengers (Mentioned)
- Fantastic Four (Mentioned)
- Danielle Cage (Mentioned) (Unborn)
- Nick Fury (Mentioned)
- Hawkeye (Clint Barton) (Photo)
- Vision (Photo)
- Captain Britain (Kelsey Leigh) (Photo)
- Viper (Ophelia Sarkissian) (Shadow only)
- New York State
- Spider-Man's Web-Shooters
- Captain America's Shield
- Captain America's Uniform
- Daredevil's Billy Club
- Iron Man Armor Model 25
Synopsis for "Breakout!: Part 3"
The mind-controlling Purple Man just gave Luke Cage an order to kill the heroes fighting the Raft escapees. However, what he fails to realize is that he’s been drugged and his powers temporarily do not work. This gives Cage the opportunity to pummel Kilgrave for threatening his girlfriend (Jessica Jones) and their unborn child. He beats him to a bloody pulp before Captain America stops him.
The next morning, Cap comes to Iron Man and tells him how the previous night reminded him of the story of how the original Avengers were founded, and that the new team was formed by fate to put the balance back in place. Cap goes off to recruit those heroes who fought at the Raft, starting with Spider-Man.
Steve Rogers meets up with Peter Parker at his job teaching high school science, who agrees to join as long as he can leave if it doesn’t fit him well. Cage also agrees, as long as Cap agrees to let the team try doing things in new ways.
However, when Cap tries to recruit Daredevil, he hits the wall. Daredevil declines the offer, claiming that his current situation would put the team’s reputation at risk, and that is something he refuses to do.
Jessica Drew, having gotten pulled from her S.H.I.E.L.D. assignment because of the incident at the Raft, agrees after learning the only reason she’s still in S.H.I.E.L.D. is because of Cap.
The team meets at Stark Tower, where Tony Stark tells them that the top three floors will be their headquarters and dormitory if need be. Jarvis returns to aid them after his vacation. Tony says that, although he’s still not convinced the team will work out, he’s following Cap on this one.
Jessica Drew stands outside Stark Tower talking to a mysterious figure. She tells the figure that if they want her to report back on the activities of both S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers, it was going to cost them.
- This issue is divided into three chronological periods. Pages 3 through 9 recount a flashback of the prior evening's Raft super-prison breakout. Pages 1, 2, 10 and 11 are a framing piece aboard the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier featuring Captain America and Iron Man early the next morning after order's been restored. Pages 12 though 22 depict Cap assembling the heroes on hand from the prison break over the course of the next day with their first official meeting as the New Avengers occurring later that same night.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss New Avengers Vol 1 3 on the forums
- 7 Image(s) from New Avengers Vol 1 3
- 2 Reprints of New Avengers Vol 1 3
|Like this? Let us know!|