- Avengers Tower falling was one of the sobering moments of my life. I've seen a lot of stuff in my day, but that was -- I was instantly pulled out of myself. So ashamed that I was enjoying the battle. But I wasn't enjoying the battle. I was enjoying that I was alive. I had cheated death one more time and I had -- it was an all-new me. I was a super-soldier (of a sort) and I wanted to live up to it. But now I knew, once the Tower fell, I knew I was being given this second chance for a reason. I was going to do what a super-soldier does. I was going to turn the battle around. I was going to take it right to the Red Skull's doorstep and I was going to put my fist right through her skull. I knew why I was given a second chance...so I could kill the Red Skull.
- -- Mockingbird
Appearing in "Fear Itself, Part 1!"
- New Avengers
Synopsis for "Fear Itself, Part 1!"
- Synopsis not yet written.
FEAR ITSELF TIE-IN
It won't take some of the Avengers to fight the madness of Fear Itself it will take ALL OF THEM!! The New Avengers and Avengers join forces in the face of true fear! And who will join the New Avengers for the first time EVER? Stay tuned, True Believer! This is a can't-miss Avengers event!
- Takes place simultaneously with Avengers Vol 4 #14, in which Avengers Tower was destroyed by Angrir in battle with Red Hulk.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss New Avengers Vol 2 14 on the forums
- 2 Image(s) from New Avengers Vol 2 14
- Reviews about New Avengers Vol 2 14
|Like this? Let us know!|
Finally...Mockingbird gets her due. I've been waiting since her comeback for her to do SOMETHING on the Avengers other than stand around in the background and get shot. And, finally, she gets her chance. With an issue focused almost entirely on her, we get to see her in action with her new Super-Soldier Serum/Infinity Formula-fueled powers as she takes on Nazi robots left and right. Combined with the interview segments, it was a nice issue for Mockingbird. Spider-Man's own misgivings about being on a team with Hand around was interesting (though kind of confusing. Is he leaving the Avengers...or just that team of Avengers?), and a nice continuation of past events and his own mistrust of her past connections to Osborn. Sad to say that most of the rest of the team were just around in the background, including Thing (who, despite being Angrir on the cover disappeared shortly after the battle started and wasn't seen again...though that was largely due to him blowing up Yancy Street in Fear Itself and destroying Avengers Tower in Avengers).
Not much to say about this issue. I'd give it a 3.75 out of 5. Nothing bad about it, really, just nothing amazing (aside from Mockingbird). Solid issue, but could have done more.GrnMarvl14 15:17, July 16, 2011 (UTC)
Weekly Video Review
This review is of New Avengers Vol 2 #14, and I gave it a 4/5.
— Nathan (Peteparker) (Earth-1218) (talk • contribs • email) 02:54, July 16, 2011 (UTC)