- It's -- it's me...Jessica! Get the Avengers over here! Get them -- get them to -- Avengers Assemble!
Appearing in "Date Night!"
- New Avengers
- unnamed Avengers fans
- unnamed waitress
- Doctor Doom (Victor von Doom) (Mentioned)
- God (Yahweh) (Invoked)
- Fantastic Four (Mentioned)
- Tony Stark (Mentioned)
- Captain America / Commander Steve Rogers (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Hell (Invoked)
- Ms. Marvel's Suit
- Spider-Man's Suit and Web-Shooters
- Iron Fist's Suit
- Wolverine's Suit
- Mockingbird's Suit
Synopsis for "Date Night!"
Luke Cage and Jessica Jones are on a date. While discussing all the events that happened after the Superhuman Civil War, Cage suggests to his wife that she go by the name Power Woman. He is refused, because Jessica is worried about what may happen to their daughter.
Suddenly, their discussion is interrupted by Ms. Marvel trying to stop a UFO from crashing. The UFO crashes and out comes Doctor Doom, who starts attacking Cage and Ms. Marvel. He nearly overpowers them, until Jessica intervenes. When they think that they got him down, they find that they're looking at an actual Doombot. Jessica teases her husband for getting beat up by a robot.
Just then, the rest of the New Avengers arrive. Ben Grimm panics and shows everyone that the only way to take down a Doombot is to rip out its operating system in the chest.
Sometime later, the New Avengers consult Victoria Hand as to what the purpose of the Doombot was. Hand refrains from telling anything else for matters of national security, mostly because of Spider-Man's secret identity. But on the bright side, Iron Man and Steve Rogers are happy about the takedown.
Jessica then decides to take on the codename Power Woman. But she then takes it back when her husband shouts, "Boo yah!"
Epic in scale and fraught with danger at every turn, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones face their most challenging adventure yet…a date?! Plus: another illustrated chapter of the oral history of the Avengers!
- Writer and artist credit listed in cover, no staff credit listed in the issue itself.
- Also includes the continuation of the thirteenth chapter of "Avengers Assemble: The Oral History of the Earth's Mightiest Heroes" by Brian Michael Bendis. Continues in Avengers Vol 4 #9.
Links and References
|Like this? Let us know!|