- Everything lives. It lives before it dies, and we are judged by what we do during that time. Like a brilliant, life-giving star, we illuminate the universe, chasing away the shadows. We create life and then celebrate that creation. This is simply how things are. It cannot be contained. It never will. So we will not tolerate--we will not accept--- the unnatural occurrence of an early end. Which is why I have summoned you here...to beat back the night... and to conquer death.
- -- Sun God
Appearing in "A Perfect World"
- Great Society (First appearance)
- Black Swan (Yabbat Ummon Turru) (Mentioned)
- Mister Fantastic (Reed Richards) (Mentioned)
- Mapmakers (Only in flashback)
- Sidera Maris (Only in flashback)
- Black Priests (Only in flashback)
- Archetypes of J.U.S.T.I.C.E. (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
Races and Species:
- Mutant Atlantean-Human Hybrids
- Unidentified alien species
- Mutant Human-Otherworlder Hybrids
- Numerous unnamed realities (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Earth-4290001 (First appearance)
Synopsis for "A Perfect World"
The Black Panther is cataloguing Earths facing incursions through the Bridge, when he is joined by Namor. Black Panther tells him that he has catalogued the deaths of almost forty worlds, but has found one that has survived two incursions in ways different from their own.
Black Panther shows Namor Earth-4290001, a world whose heroes were slain in an alien invasion that conquered Earth. Four years later, a group of outcast heroes calling themselves the Great Society banded together and cast out the aliens. They eventually faced the incursions, and vowed to find a way to avert them. Thus far, they had managed to do so without spilling any innocent blood, and were adamant in keeping it so.
The Great Society face a blue incursion, and an invasion by the Mapmakers. They repel the invaders, and one of their numbers, the Norn, uses the power of the Black Priests to destroy the other world.
“THE NIGHT BEFORE THE WORLD ENDED”
No more bloodshed. To save their nations, the proud Black Panther and the arrogant Namor have sued for peace. As members of the Illuminati, the secret organization made up of the Marvel Universe’s most powerful heroes, they must work together to stop the extinction of the entire universe! But are their amends too little too late? There’s no turning back for the Illuminati after this issue – and they’ll pay the price for their sins.
- Cover is a tribute to Avengers: Endless Wartime Vol 1 1.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss New Avengers Vol 3 16.NOW on the forums
- 32 Image(s) from New Avengers Vol 3 16.NOW
|Like this? Let us know!|