- I take no pride in this... In any of it. What we have done here today... The actions we have taken... I believe they will haunt us until the end of our days.
Appearing in "Blue Hell"
- Mapmakers (Main story and flashback) (First appearance chronologically)
- Sidera Maris (First appearance)
- Kristoff Vernard
- Doctor Doom (Victor von Doom)
- Terrax The Enlightened
- Evolved saurians (Only in flashback)
- Earth-13761 (Only appearance)
- Earth (Destruction)
- Unnamed realities (Only in flashback)
- Unnamed Earths (Only in flashback; Destruction)
Synopsis for "Blue Hell"
The Illuminati and Black Swan go to Latveria to face the incursion, bringing one of their world-destroyer weapons with them. Upon entering the incursion zone however, they find that the sky is blue, not red, and that the Earth they are colliding with appears to be dead already. A fearful Black Swan explains that this is not an ordinary incursion, but one that has been hijacked by the Mapmakers, a parasitic race that travels the multiverse, devour everything on that universes Earth, and rig it with explosives. When this Earth experiences an incursion, they send out forces to ensure that a piece of the previously conquered Earth lands on the new Earth. When this happens, the old one is destroyed, averting the incursion, and marking the new Universe for future invasion.
The Illuminati find that the Mapmakers strike forcers, the Sidera Maris, have already engaged Doctor Doom and his forces in an attempt to mark their Earth. The Illuminati destroys the other Earth, believing that they have stopped the Mapmakers from reaching their goal. Unbeknownst to them however, Doctor Doom's forces find a fragment of the other world, the Mapmaker's beacon, and bring it before him.
Back in the Necropolis, Reed escorts Black Swan back to her prison, and tells her that he voted for her to be released, but was outvoted. He predicts that the others will eventually understand what he already has, that they need her. After he leaves, Black Swan attempts to enter Terrax's mind telepathically, but he rebuffs her. He asks her what she wants, and she asks him if he misses his master Galaktus. Terrax responds that he does not, and she asks if he misses finding worlds to destroy, to which he answers "more than anything". Black Swan tells him that a day is coming soon when they may be of use to each other.
• Using the knowledge gained from the Black Swan, the Illuminati rework all their plans and cross the uncrossable line.
• The first secret alliance is formed.
• If an incursion is normally RED, what does a BLUE one mean?
- Takes place before All-New X-Men #1.
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|