After being kidnapped by the Cobra and Mister Hyde, the literally blind Daredevil was taken to their lab hidden in a New England lighthouse, to be executed. During the fight, DD managed to get hold of the antidote for the chemical that removed his enhanced senses and quickly overpowers the two criminals: Hyde escaped on boat, but the Cobra was turned over to the police custody.
Just outside a small town on the New England seacoast, Vincent Sandhurst visited his brother Basil, who was paralyzed in a lab accident months earlier and was living in an automated house, only to find he had become the Controller and built the Absorbatron in order to enslave his servants to drain their minds to empower his exoskeleton. Once added Vincent to his retinue, he also enslaved a nearby town, where Tony Stark and Janice Cord arrived days later to see her lawyer. As the Controller abducted Janice, Iron Man followed, but the Controller quickly defeated and abducted him as well.
In an effort to enslave the population of a metropolis, the Controller hijacked an express train to New York City and loaded it with the Absorbatron and his slaves. Thanks to Jasper Sitwell, who managed managed to uncouple the cars with the machince, he was ultimately confronted and defeated by Iron Man before arriving to the city.
Soaring high above the rock-bound shores of New England with his Cloak of Levitation, Doctor Strange recruited the Sub-Mariner, Hulk and Silver Surfer together to find the Omegatron and destroy it before it could start a nuclear chain reaction that will destroy the planet.
A short time later, an astral image of Dr. Strange projected by Clea reached Namor while he was on the willowy sea-beds off the New England coast; understanding he had been abducted, the Sub-Mariner speeded southward to New York City with no hesitation.
Points of Interest
- Augusta - State capital
- New Hampshire
- Condord - State Capital
- Rhode Island
- Providence - State Capital
- Hartford - State Capital
Some locations have not been clearly locate into one or another state, yet are set in New England:
- New England is a major setting for H.P. Lovecraft, inspired by both his native land, and by the Salem Witch Trials. The New England setting, which included both real and fictional locations, was coined as the Lovecraft Country.
- Marvel Comics built on that to add more horror and occult-related locations within the region, such as Starkesboro, or Malevolence, Maine, sometimes as part of its version of the Cthulhu Mythos.
- Some locations were also moved, within New England (like Miskatonic University, located in Vermont, instead of Arkham, Massachusetts), or outside (such as Dunwich, relocated in California).
- 30 appearance(s) of New England
- 1 minor appearance(s) of New England
- 4 mention(s) of New England
- 2 image(s) of New England
- 15 article(s) related to New England
- 3 item(s) used/owned by New England