Appearing in "Sunstroke"
- New Mutants (Main story and flashback)
- Da Costa International (First appearance)
- Castro (Mentioned)
- Hades (Invoked)
- Madonna (Invoked)
- Efraim Duarte, a butler
- Vadinio, Flor and other unnamed citizens of Rio
- Black Priestess (Selene Gallio) (Mentioned)
- Charles Xavier (Mentioned)
- Minerva (Invoked)
- The Devil (Referenced)
- The Lord (Referenced)
- Helios (Invoked)
- Death (Illusion or holographic simulation)
Races and Species:
- Mutants (Main story and flashback)
- Humans (Main story and flashback)
- Dogs (Invoked)
- Snakes (Mentioned)
- Demons (Invoked)
- Cows (Invoked)
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
- South America (Main story and flashback)
- United States of America
- Elysium (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Sunstroke"
Roberto confronts his father, Emmanuel Da Costa, over recent events, and storms out in anger. Emmanuel accepts Shaw's invitation to join the inner circle of the Hellfire Club. Dani and Amara are enjoying some sun when Amara overreacts to some bravos actions, and loses control of her powers, further exacerbated by sunstroke and the confusion that follows. The New Mutants track her down, and cool her off, and she brings her powers under control. End result, a new island and two mini volcanoes in Rio, but at least no one died.
The mysterious Magma decides whether or not to join the New Mutants! But more important - will she gain control of her powers in time to prevent herself from destroying Rio de Janeiro?