- Tha' stench -- I smelt it when we found Dani -- Her bear's inside the hospital. He's here!
Appearing in "Siege"
- New Mutants
- Westchester County Police Department
- Officer Tom Corsi (First appearance)
- Sharon Friedlander (First appearance)
- Empress Lilandra Neramani
- The Starjammers
- Unnamed doctors and nurses
- Professor Charles Xavier (Mentioned)
- Black Eagle (Mentioned)
- New York State Police (Mentioned)
- Peg Lonestar (Mentioned)
- Hulk (Bruce Banner) (Mentioned)
- Hecate (Invoked)
- X-Men (Mentioned)
- Sharra (Invoked)
- K'ythri (Invoked)
- Devil (Invoked)
- Madonna (Invoked)
Races and Species:
- Milky Way
- Shi'ar Galaxy
- Badlands (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Siege"
Dani gets taken to Mid-County Medical Center. The New Mutants go with her, and figure the bear will go after Dani, so prepare to defend her. In space, the Starjammers detect Warlock and Magus approaching Earth. Back in the hospital, Tom and Sharon get nabbed by the Demon Bear. Illyana puts a magic ward around the operating room Dani's in. Bobby and Illyana tangle with the bear and Illyana scares it off with her soul sword. The bear knocks out the power - generators turn on - and then attacks Illyana's ward. The New Mutants tangle with it, and the bear teleports itself, all the New Mutants, and the operating room (still protected by Illyana's ward) to an other-dimensional place known as the Badlands.
- Illyana's mystic armor first appears in this issue.
- One of the doctors in this issue closely resembles the character of Dr. Ben Casey (as portrayed by actor Vince Edwards on the TV show Ben Casey). Whether this is supposed to be the Earth-616 version of Ben Casey, or just a coincidence, is unclear.
- Another medical professional resembles film director Alfred Hitchcock.
|Like this? Let us know!|