Appearing in "New Song for Old"
- Lucinda Guthrie
- Joshua Guthrie
- Joelle Guthrie
- Paige Guthrie
- Melody Guthrie (First appearance)
- Lizzie Guthrie (First appearance)
- Jeb Guthrie
- Lewis Guthrie (First appearance)
- Cissie Guthrie (First appearance) (Unnamed)
- Lila Cheney
- Dazzler (Ali Blaire)
- Charasulla (Dream)
- New Mutants (Dream)
- unnamed Guthrie sibling
- Lila Cheney's band
- Several passengers on a bus
Races and Species:
- Singing crystal
- a bus
- Lila Cheney's tour bus
- Lila Cheney's private jet - (Destroyed)
Synopsis for "New Song for Old"
Sam goes home to visit his family, and is worried about how his mom will react to Lila Cheney, his girlfriend, who will be joining them for dinner one night. His brother Josh is resentful of him. He goes to see Lila that evening; Lila has brought something to give Sam's mother, but its obviously valuable so Sam thinks she stoles it and they part angry. Sam confronts Josh, but Josh doesn't want to hear it. Eventually they come to an understanding. Later, Lila crashes her plane and Sam takes Josh with him to see if she survived. He finds out Lila made the item herself from Ali, and begs her forgiveness. Finally, Lila comes over to the Guthrie house for dinner.
Report Card letters page has letters from Jim Meat of New Hope, Minnesota and Susan Pashkoff of the Committee for Palestine. Both letters are in response to New Mutants #27. Also, the winner of 3-2-1-CONTACT Magazine's Create-A-Mutant contest, James Stephenson of Staten Island, New York, had their drawing of She Guardian published, as selected by John Romita Jr..
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss New Mutants Vol 1 42 on the forums
- 1 Images from New Mutants Vol 1 42
Links and References
- The New Mutants at Wikipedia
- The New Mutants at Marvel Subscriptions
- The New Mutants series index at Comicbookdb.com
- The New Mutants series index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- The New Mutants series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 02/15/2010
|Like this? Let us know!|