- [...] danger... even death... is the price of Freedom Force's vigilance. And Freedom Force will pay it gladly. Because we are all American heroes... and we serve you all!
Appearing in "Bang! You're Dead!"Edit
- The New Mutants
- The Warriors Three
- Volstagg's children
- Cable (First appearance as Cable) (Cameo)
- Vulture (Adrian Toomes)
- Freedom Force
- Mutant Liberation Front (First appearance) (Cameo)
- Unnamed prison guards
- Albany judge, lawyers, reporters and citizens
- Unnamed guards
- Mr. Phillips and other federal agents
Races and Species:
- Tinkerer's electronic bolas
- Vulture's Wings
Synopsis for "Bang! You're Dead!"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
- First issue drawn by Rob Liefeld. Under Liefeld, the New Mutants will evolve into the original X-Force.
- This is only the first brief appearance of the adult Cable, as it was later revealed that he was Cyclops and Madelyne Pryor's son returned from the future as an adult. He is formally introduced next issue.
- Stryfe and the Mutant Liberation Front debut. They are kept in the shadows for the most part until next issue's full reveal.
- This cover is inspired by the first page of Amazing Spider-Man #2 by Steve Ditko. This issue's cover artists credit him in their signature box on the cover. That issue was the first appearance of the Vulture and the Tinkerer, both of whom appear in this issue.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss New Mutants Vol 1 86 on the forums
- Images from New Mutants Vol 1 86
Links and References
- The New Mutants at Wikipedia
- The New Mutants at Marvel Subscriptions
- The New Mutants series index at Comicbookdb.com
- The New Mutants series index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- The New Mutants series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
-  plot summary at uncannyxmen.net
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 04/16/2010
|Like this? Let us know!|