- Seven little words, one awful concept: Unknown, insanely powerful mutant on the loose.
- -- Domino
Appearing in "The Man from Room X"
- X-Corporation (First appearance)
- Ao Jun (Only appearance; dies)
- John Sublime (First appearance as John Sublime)
- U-Men (First appearance)
- Unnamed female Chinese insectoid mutant (Only appearance; dies)
- Unnamed female Chinese laser-handed mutant (Only appearance; dies)
- Other unnamed Chinese mutants (Only appearance; dies or corpses)
Races and Species:
- Amsterdam, Netherlands (Mentioned)
- Mumbai, India (Mentioned)
- Melbourne, Australia (Mentioned)
- Kuwait (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "The Man from Room X"
A Chinese army officer, Ao Jun, is concluding the secret sale of a powerful captive mutant, Kuan-Yin Xorn, with a certain Sublime. To prevent that sale, Domino, of Asia X-Corporation, is welcoming the X-Men at Hong Kong. Sublime is promoting there his U-Men, humans with grafted mutant organs.
During a following evening, Ao Jun is arriving at a reception, organized by Sublime, to exchange the payment with the keys of Xorn's handcuffs. Domino and Wolverine are stealing them from the Eyes of Ao Jun.
Meanwhile, Cyclops, Emma Frost and Beast are investigating the murder of Risque, another member of Asia X-Corporation. Around the place of the crime, they're discovering a clandestine operating room where of U-Men remove mutant organs.
The next day, some U-Men - without Sublime - are going to Feng Tu, where Xorn is prisoner. When they're trying to unhandcuff him, they're realizing the X-Men have stolen the keys. As Ao Jun knew it, the U-Men are killing him.
At this moment, the X-Men are attacking the prison and the U-Men are surrendering. However, Xorn is on his way to commit suicide - what would destruct all China. Cyclops is persuading him rather to join the X-Men.
- Risque was killed by John Sublime and his U-Men, off-panel, and she would later be resurrected by Selene during Necrosha.
- Many defenseless children are horrifically slaughtered and vivisected at the expense of John Sublime's twisted view on mutation.
- This book is Marvel's first comic in widescreen format Marvelscope. The only other comics in this format were Eden's Trail (Volume 1). Uncanny X-Men Annual #2001, and X-Treme X-Men Annual #2001.
- Emma and Cyclops begin their telepathic affair in this issue.
- Other than her office in Hong Kong, Domino mentions X-Corp offices in Amsterdam, Mumbai and Melbourne.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss New X-Men Annual Vol 1 2001 on the forums
- 11 Image(s) from New X-Men Annual Vol 1 2001
- 1 Reprints of New X-Men Annual Vol 1 2001
|Like this? Let us know!|