Appearing in "Childhood's End Part 1 of 4"
- New Mutants Squad
- Hellions Squad
- Rev. William Stryker (Only in flashback)
- Nimrod (Only in flashback) (Appears in glowing light only)
- Pietro Maximoff (Mentioned)
- Weapon X (Mentioned)
- Xavier Institute student body
- Corsairs Squad
- Paragons Squad
- Preview (Jessica Vale) (Depowered)
- Alpha Squadron
- Aero (Melody Guthrie) (Depowered)
- Hydro (Noah Crichton) (Only appearance; dies) (Depowered)
- Texas (Two Years before M-Day)
- New York State
Synopsis for "Childhood's End Part 1 of 4"
In a flashback we see William Stryker put a gun to his own head in a church, but his suicide is interrupted by a glowing light coming from the crucifix.
In the present, we see the students of the Institute reacting to M-Day in a variety of ways, from grief or joy to sheer panic. Emma, reeling from the psychic turmoil, calls upon the Three-In-One to help her calm the student body.
Hearing his classmates discussing the loss of their powers, Wither assumes himself to be depowered and reaches out to Wallflower, causing her right arm to shrivel. Emma hears Melody Guthrie planning to jump off the roof to prove that she can still fly and telepathically alerts Beast, who jumps through a window to catch her.
Emma realizes that she can't sense Hydro and calls out to the X-Men, but Logan is already carrying Hydro's body from the pool. From Cerebro, Emma and the Three-In-One put the student body to sleep.
Two days later, Emma sends Dani away and explains to Scott that it will be safer for the depowered mutants, no matter how ingrained, to leave the school. Elixer tries and fails to fix Wallflower's withered hand. Logan calls Laura X to ask her to return to the school for her own safety, and she throws her phone into the Fisherman's Wharf.
Two weeks after M-Day, Jay Guthrie collapses on the front steps of the Institute, covered in blood from where his wings have been cut off.
- "Academy X" is dropped from series' title.
- Part of the Decimation event.
- This issue chronically jumps from two years before M-Day, M-Day, two days after M-Day and two weeks after M-Day.
- This issue takes place after M-Day, and therefore the students are in shock. Many wish they still had their powers, while others wish theirs was taken away. This leads to much confusion and chaos, that Emma Frost and the Stepford Cuckoos are forced to momentarily shut down every one's mind in the area of the Institute.
- The M-Day is estimated depowering 91.4% of the world mutant population.
- Emma Frost's access code to Cerebra is 404.314.6845
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss New X-Men Vol 2 20 on the forums
- 24 Images from New X-Men Vol 2 20
- House of M The Day After #1
- X-Men Vol 2 #177 through X-Men Vol 2 #179
- X-Men: The 198 #1 through X-Men: The 198 #5
Links and References
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|