Appearing in 1st story
- Shotcreek P.D. (First appearance)
- Numerous unnamed members
- Vishanti (Invoked)
- Seraphim (Invoked)
- Munnopor (Invoked)
- Suicide Girls (Mentioned) (Topical reference)
- Captain Jonathan Power (Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future) (Mentioned) (Topical reference)
- Captain Ron (Mentioned) (Topical reference)
- Captain L. Ron Hubbard (Mentioned) (Topical reference)
- Tom Cruise (Mentioned) (Topical reference)
- Captain Universe (Mentioned)
- Captain Ultra (Griffin Gogol) (Mentioned)
- Captain Avenger (Mentioned)
- Captain Avalon (St'vaan) (Mentioned)
- Captain Marvel (Mentioned)
- Captain Kerosene (Gulliver Jones) (Mentioned)
- Captain Rectitude (Bob Jones IV) (Mentioned)
- The Captain (Melon Farmer) (Mentioned)
- X-Men (Mentioned)
- Magik (Illyana Rasputina) (Mentioned)
- Jesus (Mentioned)
- Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange) (Mentioned)
- Thor (Mentioned)
- Ant-Man (Dr. Hank Pym) (Mentioned)
- Wasp (Janet Van Dyne) (Mentioned)
- Captain America (Steve Rogers) (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for 1st story
In Shot Creek, Colorado, a Beyond Corporation Human Recourse operative performs a magical rite summoning a being known as Rorkannu so they can rent the destructive magical beings known as Mindless Ones. The creature agrees in exchange for a hundred Earth dollars and the Suicide Girls.
Dirk Anger is interrupted during a suicide attempt to be informed of the development in Shot Creek, specifically that the Nextwave are on their way there and that he doesn't need to intervene but only watch them get slaughtered. He agrees and directs the Aeromarine on the new course.
The Nextwave arrive in Shot Creek and immediately back up the police force there, the streets flooded with Mindless One's slaughtering civilians. The team gets to work destroying the surprisingly explosive creatures. After destroying the Mindless One's that were immediately threatening the police force they regroup and head to retake the other part of town.
In the other part of town the Mindless One's have been oddly integrating themselves into human habits.
Rorkannu makes regular mention of the Suicide Girls, a famous alternative burlesque modeling group.