- Dizzy Dames! Sometimes I get the feelin' the world'd be better off without 'em!
- -- Nick Fury
Appearing in "The Assassination of Nick Fury"
- Nick Fury (Apparent death)
- Country Joe and the Fish (Cameo) (Topical reference)
- Natalie Wood (Mentioned) (Topical reference)
- The Mills Brothers (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Hydra Spy Craft
Synopsis for "The Assassination of Nick Fury"
Nick Fury's peaceful day with gal pal Laura Brown is shattered by the assassin Bull's Eye.[Continuity 1] Bull's Eye has been contracted by Hydra to assassinate Nick Fury for the sum of one million dollars. Much to his chagrin, "Fury" had gone to a Central Park concert with Laura Brown to see a rock band.[Continuity 2][Continuity 3][Continuity 4] After much surveillance, Bull's Eye "kills" his target.
Dum Dum Dugan and other SHIELD agents quickly descend upon Bull's Eye and Dugan kills him in the ensuing gun battle. Dugan and Brown are shocked to find their fallen leader, Nick Fury, dead. To be continued...[Continuity 5]
"The Assassination of Nick Fury" — by the Hydra agent known as . . . Bullseye!
- ↑ This story's villain Bull's Eye is not to be confused with Bullseye. There appears to be no relation between the two characters. The villainous Bull's Eye from this issue is killed and has never made a return to the Marvel Universe.
- ↑ The band is identified as Country Joe and the Fish. However, this should be considered a topical reference per the Sliding Timescale of Earth-616. Particularly since the band disbanded in 1970.
- ↑ Laura compares her attractiveness to Natalie Wood. However, this should also be considered a topical reference, particularly since Natalie Wood died in 1981.
- ↑ Fury muses on how he would rather see the Mills Brothers. This is not a topical reference, because Fury's youth in the 1930's (when he formed his musical tastes) is not part of the Sliding Timescale
- ↑ The mystery of Nick Fury's assassination is revealed in Avengers #72.
- Cover art: colors by Severin.
- Plot by Friedrich, Trimpe and Ayers, script by Friedrich.
- This is the last issue of Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Vol 1 that is not a reprinted story.
- This issue contains a letters page, "Don't Yield, Write SHIELD!". Letters are published from W. Thomas Anthony, Bob Krotts, Kurt Black, D. Allen Scheaffer, and Anthony Kowalik.
- Country Joe and the Fish are an actual American rock and roll group, who even appeared at the 1969 Woodstock festival.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Vol 1 15 on the forums
- 10 Images from Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Vol 1 15
Links and References
-  A link to "Country Joe and the Fish" as well a panels where they appear in this issue.
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|