Like each of the Fear Lords, Nox was a mystery, and her origin (or even her very existence) was known to few. Nox was considered the most mysterious of the Fear Lords by the Dweller-in-Darkness, as few in all the Multiverse had even heard of her. Nox's true origins are unknown and are subject to contradictory accounts.
Some sources consequently stated she was an Olympian goddess, the daughter of Ophion and the sea nymph Eurynome, who later degenerated into a demon, becoming a "demonic fear lord". Another mentions her origin being unknown but states she actually predates the Olympians, and was an extradimensional sorceress.
In the 1930s, she allied herself with the General in an effort to gain power, leading him to the Amulet of Achilles and forcing him to make human sacrifices to sustain his own life, and occasionally enabling her to enter the mortal realm by inhabiting their corpses. Following the General's sacrifice of the town of Dark Hollow, West Virginia, she was finally able to fully appear on Earth, helping him carry out their plans. ...
Powers and Abilities
- Nox possesses the power to generate, manipulate, rearrange, and construct darkness. She can use this power in various ways, projecting darkness, generating darkness then constructing weapons such as swords out of it, constructing tendrils that can capture and ensnare foes, bind or slash. Many of her constructs of darkness can be used to absorb energy. Nox is especially thrilled and delighted seeing others in fear and terror states.
- Super-Genius Intelligence
- Thought she was considered to be the Olympian goddess, she was retconned by Jim Zub into being an usurper, as the real Nyx was introduced in Avengers No Road Home #1.
- * Despite their name, the High Seers of Nox are vassals of Valtorr, and have no known connection to Nox so far.
- 17 appearance(s) of Nox (Earth-616)
- 1 minor appearance(s) of Nox (Earth-616)
- 3 mention(s) of Nox (Earth-616)
- 6 image(s) of Nox (Earth-616)