The man named Nu-An was better known as Yu-Ti, the August Personage in Jade and leader of the Dragon-Kings, ruling order of K'un-Lun. He had inherited the title after his father, Tuan had passed away but was corrupt, leaving Thunderer to believe that he had murdered his father. In his youth, he fell in love with Shakirah, a woman who was in love with Nu-An's adoptive brother Wendell Rand. Nu-An drove both of them from K'un-Lun and became Yu-Ti, the August Personage in Jade, leader of the mystic city, even though that title would have belonged to Wendell.
Nu-An was still leading K'un-Lun when Wendell Rand and his family returned, searching for K'un-Lun. He allowed Heather Rand to be killed by wolves, and then took in the orphaned Daniel Rand under his care within the city. He oversaw his adopted nephew's training to become the next Iron Fist.
When the Tournament of the Heavenly Cities came again he ordered Danny Rand to return to K'un-Lun to fight for their city. During the tournament it was revealed that Nu-An had paid Phineas Randall, the father of the previous Iron Fist Orson Randall, to build gateways that allowed for travel between the Seven Capital Cities of Heaven and Earth. Nu-An's corruption and dedication to outdated traditions, such as the oppression of women, led many of his own people to turn against him. When the Tournament and the cities came under attack by Xao, one of the Lightning Lords of Nepal, and Nu-An faced exposure for his crimes, he used the distraction caused by the fighting to flee K'un-Lun to Earth. This then left Thunderer in charge in his place.
- Chi Manipulation: Yu-Ti is a master of manipulating his body's chi.
- Master Martial Artist: He is a master of the martial arts of K'un-Lun and many of Earth's including those practiced millennia ago.
- Weapons Proficiency: He has mastered most if not all weapons used in K'un-Lun.
- Nervous System Control: He has near-complete control over his nervous system, enabling him to deaden himself to pain.
- Environmental Adaptation: His entire body is oriented to combat, enabling him to adapt to any environment with minimal exposure.
- 35 appearance(s) of Nu-An (Earth-616)
- 1 appearance(s) in handbook(s) of Nu-An (Earth-616)
- 2 minor appearance(s) of Nu-An (Earth-616)
- 8 mention(s) of Nu-An (Earth-616)
- 1 mention(s) in handbook(s) of Nu-An (Earth-616)
- 4 image(s) of Nu-An (Earth-616)
- 3 quotation(s) by or about Nu-An (Earth-616)