This Number #1 was described as a high ranking government official. Number #1 developed an elaborate overthrow of the government by capturing mutants and channeling their mutant power into a powerful weapon.
For some time, all mutants in America were on the run. Number #1 also believed that he had slain Captain America, Falcon, Professor X, and his remaining X-men: Jean Grey and Cyclops. However SHIELD operatives Gabe Jones and Peggy Carter merely created a ruse where the Secret Empire only appeared to kill these heroes.
When Number #1 and the Secret Empire later invaded the White House lawn, Captain America and the Falcon were able to defeat the Empire. Avoiding capture, Number #1 committed suicide.
- The letters page of Captain America #175 tried to distance the parallel of Number #1 and President Nixon and his resignation from office. However Steve Englehart has stated his intention was for Number #1 to be the President.
- The suicide of Number #1, and the disclosure to Captain America that he was a "high ranking" government official, led to Steve Rogers' disillusionment with America and him abandoning his role as Captain America. Rogers would eventually create a new alter ego for himself as Nomad in Captain America #180.
- The memory of Number #1's suicide tormented Captain America in flashbacks and nightmares for some time.
- 9 Appearances of Number One (Secret Empire 2) (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Number One (Secret Empire 2) (Earth-616)
- Media Number One (Secret Empire 2) (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- Images featuring Number One (Secret Empire 2) (Earth-616)
- 1 Quotations by or about Number One (Secret Empire 2) (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Number One (Secret Empire 2) (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|