Zeus imprisoned Nyx in such a manner that she would remain trapped until "the sun was parted from the earth," and hid the Night Shards within her soul in three secret places throughout the Universe.
During a game between the Grandmaster and the Challenger, the Earth was removed from orbit. It was returned at the end of the challenge, but its removal ended Nyx's containment. In revenge, she set out to cause night to fall throughout the Universe, even on planets with multiple suns and bases contained within suns.
She then took her revenge on the Olympus itself, bringing her children to help her kill the Olympian gods who were there, including Hermes, Artemis, Apollo, Dionysus, and Athena. Finally, she murdered Zeus after retrieving information about her hidden Night Shards, but not before Zeus threatened and promised her that his son, Hercules and the "Avengers of the Wronged" would avenge him.
Nyx reclaimed her Shards of Night and arrived to her final destination in Long Island. Vision made it through the door entrance of Long Island to stop her from wiping out the existence. During her fight with Vision, he imagined and constructed many heroes to battle Nyx. She was then killed by Vision by burning her into flames, causing her to be disintegrated.
- Darkness manipulation: She can wield darkness in a physical way, or even to cause someone blindness.
- Parthenogenesis: Nyx was capable of conceiving children without a partner, seemingly sired by her strongest feelings at the moment, whose capabilities followed those circumstances.
- Her name was stated by Athena as never to be said.
- The character Nox, created in Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme #31, was considered to be the Olympian goddess. She was retconned by Jim Zub into being an usurper, as the real Nyx was introduced in Avengers: No Road Home #1.
- 9 Appearances of Nyx (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Nyx (Earth-616)
- Media Nyx (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 14 Images featuring Nyx (Earth-616)
- 4 Quotations by or about Nyx (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Nyx (Earth-616)
- Nyx (Earth-616) at Wikipedia.org
- Profile of Nyx in a sight cataloging the figures of Greek mythology and their appearances in ancient texts
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Avengers: No Road Home #1
- ↑ Avengers: No Road Home #2's recap
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 Avengers: No Road Home #2
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Jim Zub answering CBR's tweet "Avengers: A Minor Villain Just Killed Some of Marvel's Strongest Gods"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Avengers: No Road Home #10
|Like this? Let us know!|