He impersonated Doctor Strange, convincing S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Wizardry Alchemy Necromancy Department (W.A.N.D.) that he'd gone insane due to going around wearing only the Cloak of Levitation and his underwear. Oberoth'm'gozz began mentally affecting everyone in his vicinity, causing even the most violent of criminals to become peaceful and benevolent, and growing more powerful and expanding his area of influence as more people fell under his sway. Thaddeus Ross's Thunderbolts team was covertly dispatched by W.A.N.D. to kill "Doctor Strange" before he enslaved the world, collecting mystical artefacts and weapons to do so. Still impersonating Strange, Oberoth'm'gozz astrally projected himself to confront them, correcting Red Leader's spellcasting and issuing a challenge.
When the Thunderbolts arrived, Oberoth'm'gozz unleashed a swarm of True Faeries. One by one, Oberoth'm'gozz took over the Thunderbolts until only the Punisher remained. Oberoth'm'gozz was confused as to why the Punisher was immune to his happiness-inducing magic, but Frank Castle revealed that killing is the only thing that makes him happy before shooting the Old One with Johnny Blaze's Hellfire Shotgun.
- Oberoth'm'gozz's name is seemingly derived from Oberon (who also exist in Marvel Comics), the king of faeries, with a somehat alien touch including the classical Old One's names' ending "-oth".
- Appearances of Oberoth'm'gozz (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Oberoth'm'gozz (Earth-616)
- Media Oberoth'm'gozz (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- Images featuring Oberoth'm'gozz (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Oberoth'm'gozz (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Oberoth'm'gozz (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|