Ogun is a member of the Vodu, an extra-dimensional race of beings worshipped by the people of West Africa and by practitioners of Afro-Caribbean religions like Vodun (falsely but famously known as 'Voodoo'), Santeria or Candomblé.
- Optic Blast: It is shown that Ogun is able to shoot fire from his eyes.
- The Òrìshà Ogun is not to be confused with the Japanese samurai, Ogun.
- Ogun's name is pronounced as 'oh-GOON'. The last part (-goon) is vocalized nasally.
- Ogun's name 'the Slayer' in Doctor Voodoo: Avenger of the Supernatural #3 dates from his Catholic counterpart Archangel Saint Michael who is also called the Dragon Slayer. Through forced christianization Ogun is identified as mentioned saint in various Vodun based religions through Michael's usage of swords. (sword = iron = Ogun)
- Besides his patronage of iron and weapons Ogun is the Òrìshà of war. He is also patron of mechanics, cars (taxi drivers) and all iron based things and processes.
- Ogun's traditional weapon is the machete. He used it in the first days of colonizing Earth to cut the primeval forests to build the first ways for the other Òrìshàs.
- Ogun incarnates the moderated aspects of male power and passion.
- Ogun's traditional colors are green and white.
- 4 Appearances of Ogun (Vodu) (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Ogun (Vodu) (Earth-616)
- Media Ogun (Vodu) (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring Ogun (Vodu) (Earth-616)
- 1 Quotations by or about Ogun (Vodu) (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Ogun (Vodu) (Earth-616)
- Ogun at the Guide to the Mythological Universe
- Ogun at the Appendix to the Marvel Universe
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|