The exact datation of the Old Ones' origin is unknown, but given they were stated to live before the ancestors of man left the primordial seas, it can be considered that they predate the Age of Dragons and the Elder Days.
The Old Ones
The Old Ones were a race of winged humanoids of "heroic proportions", mortals yet with an enormous life-span.
Eventually, the river and its shore-region altered, plains turned into swamps full of reptiles, and the fertiles meadows turned into forest, then jungles. Meanwhile, the earth shook and volcanoes erupted, causing the city to crumble and the river to run jet-black for days with some lethal substance from the depths.
The Old Ones drank of the river, many dying of it, while those who survived were gradually changed by the drinking, descending generation after generation into demon-like leather-winged creatures that extinguished themselves though cannibalism and blood-feuds, until only one survived.
Early Hyborian Age
Powers and Abilities
Advanced Longevity: The Old Ones were extremely long-lived.
Representatives: The Winged One
- These "old ones" were created by Robert E. Howard in "Queen of the Black Coast," which was adapted by Marvel Comics in Conan the Barbarian #100.
- Discuss Old Ones (City of the Winged One) on the forums
- 7 representatives of Old Ones (City of the Winged One)
- Appearances of Old Ones (City of the Winged One)
- Minor Appearances of Old Ones (City of the Winged One)
- Media Old Ones (City of the Winged One) was Mentioned in
- Race Gallery: Old Ones (City of the Winged One)
- Images of Old Ones (City of the Winged One)