Bloodstorm's personal history is very similar to her Earth-616 counterpart. It is known that she lost her parents in the same manner, developing claustrophobia after being buried alive in that bombing. In her later years, Bloodstorm was recruited into the X-Men as part of their second wave of members. She was later captured by Dracula, who attempted to make her into one of his brides. Storm became Bloodstorm, a vampire turned by Dracula. She threw off Dracula's control and helped to defeat him, but felt she could not remain with the X-Men in her current state.
While imprisoned by some of Dracula's disciples, Bloodstorm befriended Forge, and together they tried to escape, when they were confronted by Kitty Pryde, her former teammate. Kitty would rather see her friend die than become a vampire and attempted to kill Bloodstorm, but she hesitated and became Bloodstorm's first victim. After draining Kitty's blood, Ororo kept her on as a familiar, and remained apart from the X-Men for years.
Gambit was once the leader of the New Orleans Thieves Guild. During one of his trips, he met a recently transformed Bloodstorm, and joined forces with her. At her side, Gambit was mortally wounded and at his request, Bloodstorm reluctantly bit him in the neck and turned him into a vampire. Despite his request, Gambit resented Bloodstorm for making him into a vampire, and their partnership ended.
After becoming a vampire, Bloodstorm turned to Havok and his team, and joined as the co-leader. Rather than giving into her darker side, Forge would allow her to feed on him when she needed blood.
Hanry McCoy managed to find and administer a cure for Bloodstorm's weakness to sunlight and her dependency on blood. Though the lust for blood was still there, her need for it was gone, though he could not reverse the affects of her vampirism.
During the final battle in which most of Earth heroes were killed, Bloodstorm managed to sneak up on Dracula, staking him through the the back piercing his heart and finally killing him.
Bloodstorm would eventually be recruited by X-51 of Earth-9997 (Earth X) to be a member of his Heralds. A group of super-humans from alternate realities. He had gathered them to warn alternate realities of the danger of the Celestials who reproduced by impregnating worlds and manipulating the DNA of the planet's dominant species into being unwilling antibodies. Each member of the Heralds would be granted their fondest wish upon completion of their mission. As payment for her agreement to join the Heralds, Bloodstorm wished to be cured of her vampirism. She would be teamed with Wolverine of Earth-811, Iron Man 2020 of Earth-8410, Deathlok of Earth-7484, Spider-Girl of Earth-1122, Killraven of Earth-691 and Hyperion of Earth-1121. The team would be split into groups of two, with Bloodstorm and Iron Man traveling to Earth-2010, a reality where everyone on Earth is a vampire.
There, they would seek out that world's version of Reed Richards to deliver their warning of Celestial prorogation. Learning that Reed (and most of the super-hero population) had fell victim to vampirism, their information came too little too late to the damned of this world. However, their information gave Reed the resolve to drop a bomb into Earth's core that would destroy the entire planet and wipe out all the vampires before they could take their curse to the stars. Returning to Earth-9997, each member of the group having varying degrees of success, they arrived to find that the Watcher of Earth-9997 was being judged by his alternate reality counterparts. After a brief battle against the collective of Watchers, they were beaten when X-51 had them all teleported to the surface of their own Earths, making them guilty of the same crimes that Watcher-9997 was guilty of.
With their missions completed, X-51 took all the Heralds to Earth to grant them their wishes. Bloodstorm was taken to Britain where she attended the wedding of King Britain and Medusa. After the reception, she was introduced to that reality's Storm and her husband, the Black Panther. They agreed to give Bloodstorm a blood tranfusion with blood from her Earth-9997 counterpart, which was theorized would cure Bloodstorm of her vampirism curse.
It is unknown if the transfusion was a success, and the current fate of Bloodstorm remains unrevealed.
- Benevolent mutation: Bloodstorm possesses the same weather-manipulation powers as Ororo Munroe of Earth-616.
- Vampirism: Turned by Dracula, Ororo Munroe is now a vampire with all the abilities traditionally reserved for such creatures, including:
- Superhuman strength
- Superhuman speed
- Hypnotic Gaze
- Command over creatures of the night
- Transfiguration in mist or bat
Expert Thief: Extraordinary ability at picking locks and pockets, escape artist; therefore, she is very stealthy and good at sneaking up on people.
- Claustrophobia (Formerly) Bloodstorm had to quickly get over her claustrophobia when she had to grow accustomed to sleeping in a coffin.
- Vampire Weaknesses: Bloodstorm presumably has the same traditional weaknesses of a vampire, such as holy symbols, a stake through the heart, and decapitation.
- Vampire Weaknesses (Former): Bloodstorm previously could not be exposed to direct sunlight with risking death, and had a constant craving for blood. Henry McCoy devised a serum which removed these weaknesses from Bloodstorm, although her bloodlust apparently returned in time.
- Sirebond: Bloodstorm is susceptible to the presence of her vampiric sire, Dracula, Lord of the Vampires. Dracula can command Bloodstorm's allegiance when in her presence, and even when he is merely in the vicinity Bloodstorm experiences greater bloodlust and inhumanity.
- 40 Appearances of Ororo Munroe (Earth-1298)
- 2 Minor Appearances of Ororo Munroe (Earth-1298)
- Media Ororo Munroe (Earth-1298) was Mentioned in
- 44 Images featuring Ororo Munroe (Earth-1298)
- 3 Quotations by or about Ororo Munroe (Earth-1298)
- Character Gallery: Ororo Munroe (Earth-1298)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|