Growing up, Otto Octavius had a very hard life. He was bullied by a jock named Steve who forced him to let him copy off his Chemistry midterm to avoid being kicked off the baseball team. He was even abused by his father, Torbert who disapproves of his love for science. The next day, Steve confronted Otto about him getting a bad grade. But Otto told him that he failed on purposed so that Steve's life would be ruined. Just as Steve was about to pound Otto for it, Steve's father arrived to take him home where they would have a painful discussion about his grade. This made Otto proud of himself.
Otto was later hired as a teacher at Horizon High. He was the one that presented Peter Parker with his new lab. Otto eventually became a villain, using the moniker of "Doctor Octopus". After sustaining critical injuries to his body, Octavius transferred his consciousness into the robotic body of the Living Brain. Seeking a true body again he lured Spider-Man (his former student, Peter Parker) into a trap and swapped his consciousness with Parker's trapping his enemy into the Living Brain's now defective body, and granting Octavius all of Spider-Man's powers and abilities.
However, as an unexpected side-effect Peter's memories influence Otto as if he had gone through and felt everything Peter had. This results in him choosing to resign himself from his villainous ways and vows to surpass Peter Parker as the "Superior" Spider-Man, first by defusing a situation he nearly caused (nearly at the cost of his own life), improving the webbing used in the web-shooters, and designing an upgraded version of the Spider-Man suit. However, Octavius soon begun displaying a more aggressive behavior towards criminals on a way Peter did not (as he even attempted to kill Sand Girl after defeating her), leading Miles Morales to suspect that Spider-Man was not being himself. Fortunately, after developing a change of heart and seeing the error of his ways, Otto later gave Peter back his body while battling Venom to save Anna Maria Marconi and Flash Thompson. After Otto woke up from his coma, he began working with Spider-Man, especially working with him on the Goblin Nation case.  Otto later sacrificed himself to stop the Goblin nation by destroying the Goblin Mech with the Neo-Courtex. A funeral was later held for him and attended to by Peter, Anna Maria, Miles, Gwen, Anya and Max.
Genius Intelligence: Otto Octavius is a multi-discipline scientist with expertise in various fields of science.
Engineering: Doctor Octopus is a brilliant engineer and inventor.
- Scott Menville voices Otto Octavius in Marvel's Spider-Man.
- As Peter Parker / Superior Spider-Man, he is voiced by Robbie Daymond, with Menville voicing Otto Octavius's inner thought monologues.
- 28 Appearances of Otto Octavius (Earth-17628)
- Minor Appearances of Otto Octavius (Earth-17628)
- Media Otto Octavius (Earth-17628) was Mentioned in
- 15 Images featuring Otto Octavius (Earth-17628)
- Quotations by or about Otto Octavius (Earth-17628)
- Character Gallery: Otto Octavius (Earth-17628)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Marvel's Spider-Man (animated series) Season 1 15
- Marvel's Spider-Man (animated series) Season 2 12
- Marvel's Spider-Man (animated series) Season 2 15
- Marvel's Spider-Man (animated series) Season 2 13
- Marvel's Spider-Man (animated series) Season 2 17
- Marvel's Spider-Man (animated series) Season 1 2
- Marvel's Spider-Man (animated series) Season 2 16
- Marvel's Spider-Man (animated series) Season 2 19
- Marvel's Spider-Man (animated series) Season 2 23
- Marvel's Spider-Man (animated series) Season 2 26
|Like this? Let us know!|