During the Hyborian Age, the "devils from the Outer Dark" were not uncommon, lurking "outside the belt of light which surrounds" Earth, some finding their way there and taking flesh forms, according to the Wise Men of Zamora.
During the Age of Conan, Isuus' name was invoked by Stornella in the spell to resurrect King Ctesphon III (Neftha) and have her mind hurled into the Outer Darkness while Stornella's mind would inhabit Ctesphon's body.
In modern days, the Outer Dark was allegedly ruled by Kthara, Mother of Demons, then by the Haemovore Kings of the Outer Dark, part of the Lords of the Splinter Realms. While Kthara's claim's truth remains unknown, the Haemovore Kings' membership among the Lords of the Splinter Realms seemingly confirms their status.
- The Outer Dark is a recurrent "location" mentioned in the Cthulhu Mythos.
- 1 Appearances of Outer Dark
- Minor Appearances of Outer Dark
- 6 Media Outer Dark was Mentioned in
- Images featuring Outer Dark
- Location Gallery: Outer Dark