- Outriders are not born, they are made. A genetically engineered parasite-assassin solely devoted to the whims of its maker, these creatures have no names, just a binary existence defined by whether they complete the task given to them or whether they fail.
- 1 History
- 2 Alternate Reality Versions
- 3 Powers and Abilities
- 4 Trivia
- 5 See Also
- 6 Links and References
The Outriders is a race of genetically engineered humanoid creatures with the purpose of serving their maker until they die.
Thanos used Outriders to find new planets inhabited by weak species he would raze. Upon finding a new world, an Outrider would report to Corvus Glaive, who would arrive to that planet along Thanos' Black Order and demand a tribute for Thanos, if the inhabitants refused, that world would be annihilated.
After finding a new planet called Ahl-Agullo, one Outrider was tasked by Glaive to continue with his mission. He found Earth, and gathered different information about the situation of this world using his telepathy on numerous important inhabitants such as Inhuman king Black Bolt, who ripped off one of his four arms after discovering him; however, he was still able to get away. When he relayed back the information to Thanos, such as the Earth heroes the Avengers leaving the planet, Corvus gave him his reward: death.
Marvel Cinematic Universe (Earth-199999)
When Thanos traveled to the future to get the Infinity Stones from the Avengers, who wanted to undo Thanos' Decimation, he brought the Outriders along with his army to battle the heroes. In the end, all of Thanos' army, including the Outriders, were decimated by Iron Man wielding a Infinity Gauntlet.
2010s Marvel Animated Universe (Earth-12041)
Marvel Avengers Academy (Earth-TRN562)
The Outriders aid Thanos and his Black Order in their quest in collecting the Infinity Stones.
Powers and Abilities
Tactile Telepathy: The Outriders can read the minds of apparently anyone by "sinking" their hand into the victim's temple. They usually perform this action while their victim is asleep. They are only shortened by their victim's telepathic defenses.
Invisibility: Outriders can render themselves invisible.
Density Control: This species can control their density and solidity, granting them abilities such as:
- Flight: When at a minimum mass, Outriders can fly through the air weightlessly.
- Physical Disruption: Outriders can use their density to attain minimum density, known as intangibility.
Outriders do not possess free will; they do only what their masters ask them to. They are usually executed after fulfilling their task.
- When designing the Outriders for Avengers: Infinity War, Marvel Studios found itself concerned that the creatures too closely resembled another Marvel Comics property, Venom, which didn't have the rights of. Marvel ended up making minor changes to the Outriders to prevent that from happening.
- Although non-canon, the Marvel Cinematic Universe-based book Thanos: Titan Consumed explains that the Outriders are a result of Thanos combining samples of DNA from the Chitauri, himself, and of various species that he killed.
- 0 representatives of Outriders (Race)
- Appearances of Outriders (Race)
- Minor Appearances of Outriders (Race)
- Media Outriders (Race) was Mentioned in
- Race Gallery: Outriders (Race)
- Images of Outriders (Race)