Primitive Past & Transformation
A long time ago, deep in the jungles of South America, there was a warrior named Maya. Although it was unknown to her at the time, Maya was an extremely unique individual. Her physical abilities and reflexes were at the very peak of human-level. Maya's strength, stamina, and durability made her superior. She lived a primitive life with a tribe and a daughter who she loved.
However, all of that changed upon the arrival of Dr. Niles Van Roekel. As he and his forces came to earth, Maya was abducted and her life was taken away from her. Roekel took Maya, the absolutely perfect human specimen, and turned her into a fighting machine.
Using alien technology, Roekel transformed Maya into the ultimate killing machine. Cybernetic devices were implanted into her physiology. Robotic parts were attached to her body. Finally, a neural inhibitor was placed on her neck. This device was the final blow which stripped Maya of all her humanity. It made her fully subjected to the will of Roekel. No longer was she Maya, but Paragon.
After a series of tests, Paragon proved to be the ultimate fighting machine - truly a force to be reckoned with. Then, Roekel's plan was put into action. Immediately, he began to produce clones of Paragon on a mass level. His objective was to create an unstoppable army.
Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects
During an exhibition held by Dr. Van Roekel, Paragon was revealed as his final prototype, completing an obstacle course to showcase the fruits of his research.
- Beta Test: Having just awoken from cryogenic sleep, it is time to test out her powers. She must clear the obstacle course before the time runs out!
- Reward: For beating Paragon's first mission, the player is awarded the Maya Card.
Once Paragon awakened in her stasis pod, she broke out of it and attacked everyone in the underground headquarters including Roekel. After she reached the surface, she had to hide behind a pair of dumpsters in the city. Later, Magneto found her and during the encounter the other Imperfect Hazmat swooped in from above and took her to the Grand Central Station. Once Magneto defeated Hazmat, he used the override he had pulled from Hazmat's neck and placed it on Paragon's giving her back her awareness. Paragon then proceeded to attack Magneto mistakenly believing that he had created her. When the battle was over, Paragon decided to proceed to Van Roekel's headquarters and confront him. Once there, she had learned from Roekel that her daughter did not survive centuries ago. In a fit of rage, she attacked Roekel and the two fought. Paragon defeated him and learned the real truth to why he had kidnapped her many years ago. His home world had been enslaved and he needed to build an army to retake his planet from the race of slavers. Van Roekel then disappeared along with his own battle suit. Paragon then decided to work with the other heroes alongside her Imperfects teammates in protecting Earth from anyone who would conquer it.
Near invulnerability, superhuman strength, stamina, and reflexes, limited teleportation, retractable blades, metal form, powerful energy blasts, and can drain organic life.
- Paragon (Maya) is a fictional character created by Electronic Arts, in conjunction with Marvel Comics, in their first attempt to bring Marvel heroes to a video game platform, Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects.
- The metal on her body is unaffected by Magneto's powers.
- No other material has been developed for Paragon or the rest of the Imperfects since the release of Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects.
- 6 Appearances of Paragon (Maya) (Earth-50701)
- Minor Appearances of Paragon (Maya) (Earth-50701)
- Media Paragon (Maya) (Earth-50701) was Mentioned in
- 3 Images featuring Paragon (Maya) (Earth-50701)
- 1 Quotations by or about Paragon (Maya) (Earth-50701)
- Character Gallery: Paragon (Maya) (Earth-50701)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects Prima Official Game Guide
|Like this? Let us know!|