Persephone is the mysterious mutant leader of Soteira. Through Soteira, she began amassing powers and influence from behind the scenes. She also had Soteira steal the body of Wolverine and somehow resurrected him to commit atrocities for unknown reasons.
When the search for Wolverine organized by the X-Men led the search groups to learn and interfere with Soteira's operations, Persephone decided to send the X-Men a message. After distracting them with projectiles from space, she displayed the dead bodies of ten latent mutants she found in Mister Sinister's DNA database and warned the X-Men that there would even more deaths unless that they left her operations alone.
She eventually revealed everything to Wolverine about his resurrection and her master plan. He was asked if he wanted to take part in re-creating the world and he firmly said no. He had turned the minds of the many htrough means, and the other satellites turned off. When he got to the lower deck to turn the main one off, she tried to dissuade him by saying she would haunt him for the rest of his days. He said what's the bother of another ghost. He blew the satellite up, and it crashed down. Wolverine was the only survivor apparent, everyone else died including Persephone.
Powers and Abilities
- Mind-Control: Persephone can mentally control and direct the activities of those she reanimates.
- Persephone was designed by Mike Hawthorne. Writer Charles Soule asked him for "a look inspired by 70s sci-fi, very fashionable, all confidence and sweeping grace."
- 7 appearance(s) of Persephone (Soteira) (Earth-616)
- 3 mention(s) of Persephone (Soteira) (Earth-616)
- 3 image(s) of Persephone (Soteira) (Earth-616)
- 2 quotation(s) by or about Persephone (Soteira) (Earth-616)