Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 227
Appearing in "Fantasia!"
- 🢐 Doctor Octopus 🢒
- 🢐 Owl 🢒
- 🢐 Kingpin 🢒
- Mark Whitman (First and only known appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Dr. Bailey Kuklin
- 🢐 Black Cat 🢒
- Gwen Stacy (Only in recap)
- George Stacy (Only in recap)
- Aunt May (Only in recap)
Synopsis for "Fantasia!"
Peter Parker agrees to try and get to the bottom of Debra Whitman's mental problems, however, refuses to "pose" as Spider-Man to try and snap her out of any mental problems.
As Spider-Man, Peter gets tries to prevent Doctor Octopus and the Owl from stealing components to a device, however, fails to do so when the Owl manages to escape with the component in question. As Parker, he asks those closest to Debra about her to find out what the root of her problems may be.
As Doctor Octopus tries to steal another component from the Kingpin, which turns out to be a fake (and the original is stolen from the Kingpin from some unknown person), Peter learns from Biff Rifkin that Debra is married and ran from an abusive marriage.
While Doctor Octopus and the Owl fight each other for the component parts they have mutually stolen (which both parties turn up empty handed.) Peter decides to confront Debra and reveal himself as Spider-Man. The ploy works, but now how Peter intended, Debra realizes that Peter wore a Spider-Man costume to snap her out of it and decides to put her life back in order. Her first order of business is to return home and get a divorce from her husband.
Peter returns home as Spider-Man and finds the Black Cat waiting for him, with the device that was stolen from the Kingpin.
- Peter Parker recounts the people who have died because of his being Spider-Man. The people are his Uncle Ben, as well as George Stacy and his daughter Gwen. They died in Amazing Fantasy #15, Amazing Spider-Man #90, and Amazing Spider-Man #121 respectively.
- Although Debra doesn't believe that Peter is really Spider-Man here, she learns the truth when he reveals his identity to the public in Amazing Spider-Man #533. She then writes a tell-all book about her relationship with Peter, as seen in Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #14–16. Although all memory of Peter's identity is erased from public knowledge in Amazing Spider-Man #545.
- Spider-Man is surprised to see that the Black Cat is still alive, as she seemingly perished in Amazing Spider-Man #227.
Events in this story occur behind the scenes that affect the chronology of the following characters:
- 🢐 Page 1-21, Panel 5 🢒 - Spider-Man battles Doctor Octopus and the Owl, Peter Parker assists Debra Whitman with her mental health issues.
- 🢐 Page 21, Panel 6-Page 22 🢒 - Spider-Man discovers that the Black Cat is still alive.
- 2 image(s) from Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man Vol 1 74
- 1 reprint(s) of Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man Vol 1 74