- Look out, here comes the Spider-Man!
- -- Spider-Man src
Spider-Man participated in the battle against Thanos, and the heroes eventually came out victorious. Sometime after Thanos was defeated, his universe was merged with the universe of the Capcom warriors. He fought with and alongside the warriors for a while, before the true threat was revealed: Onslaught. With the assistance of other Marvel heroes and the Capcom warriors, Onslaught was defeated and the two universes were split apart once more. 
When the universes became merged again, Spidey again began fighting alongside and against the warriors. Like before, the true attacker was revealed much later as an entity from another universe, known as Abyss. After a very long, and lengthy battle, Abyss was defeated. 
Over a decade later, Doctor Doom and a group of other supervillains joined forces with Albert Wesker, a villain from the Capcom universe, in an attempt to obtain the power of Galactus. They merged the two universes together, and with no clear attacker, both universes assumed the other was invading. However, the villains failed to obtain the power, and Galactus selected Dr. Doom, Wesker, and Dormammu as his heralds and attacked the merged universes. Galactus attempted to devour both planets, but was eventually stopped by the combined power of the ever-growing universes. Peter later tried to sell J. Jonah Jameson photos of Spidey defeating Galactus, but was turned away because they made Spider-Man appear as a hero. 
It was later revealed that Spider-Man survived Morlun's attack, and was part of the team of heroes assembled to attempt to stop the Convergence of the Marvel and Capcom universes. He was assigned by Iron Man to keep tabs on BSAA captain Chris Redfield while he infiltrated an A.I.M.Brella laboratory in order to retrieve the Mind Stone, at the same time revealing that photojournalist Frank West had been trailing them in search of a scoop. The three soon found out A.I.M.Brella was planning on using live test subjects for their experiences, one of them being the Mayor of New Metro City, Mike Haggar. After a brief altercation, Haggar agreed to join them as they fought M.O.D.O.K. and the B.O.W.s developed by A.I.M.Brella, among them the lumbering, deadly creature called Nemesis. While Spider-Man managed to snag the Mind Stone from M.O.D.O.K.'s forehead, they discovered too late what was A.I.M.Brella's objective: to develop a Symbiote-based gigantic bioweapon, which pursued the group of heroes out into the streets of New Metro City. While fighting the giant creature, Spider-Man was briefly infected by the Symbiote, only stopped when Frank broke into a parked car, triggering its alarm and causing the Symbiote splinter to disperse from Spider-Man's body.
He is later present among the heroes at the direct assault on Ultron Sigma's stronghold in Xgard.
- There are conflicting hints about whether, in this universe, the One More Day event happened or not. One of his winquotes in the original MvC3 game is "Ugh. Late again... MJ's gonna kill me.", which implies that Peter and Mary Jane are still married in this reality; however, in Ultimate, after defeating Firebrand, Spider-Man says "You know, you sorta look like the guy who ruined my marriage", a reference to Mephisto and his alterations of the past that caused Peter and MJ's marriage to be written out of the comics' continuity.
- Spider-Man has a secret costume in Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, based off of the 'Spider Armor' from Web of Spider-Man #100 which, interestingly enough, was destroyed by the end of the issue.
- His Marvel vs. Capcom ending is similar to the Maximum Carnage ending, wherein Venom becomes a hero and Spider-Man photographs the two together for the Daily Bugle.
- In Spider-Man's endings, only Marvel heroes save the day. Capcom is not involved.
- In both Marvel vs. Capcom 3 games, Spider-Man was voiced by Josh Keaton, who was his voice actor in The Spectacular Spider-Man, the Ultimate version of Spider-Man in Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet and Spider-Man: Edge of Time. In Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, Spider-Man is voiced by Robbie Daymond, who voices the character in the 2017 Spider-Man series.
- Spider-Man was confirmed to be in Marvel vs Capcom 3 during the Tokyo Game Show 2010, along with Albert Wesker, Tron Bonne and X-23.
- Spider-Man received some controversy amongst fans due to his late confirmation for Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds, as he was not in the initial lineup of Marvel characters announced. According to a Q&A session with the Japanese developers, Spider-Man was intentionally held off by game producer Ryota Niitsuma until the Tokyo Game Show due to Spider-Man's popularity in Japan. (Toei once produced a tokusatsu version)
- Spider-Man was revealed to the public alongside Wesker, whom he shares some similarities with : Both are extremely intelligent, and have somewhat similar super-powers obtained through infection.
- Many people expected Spider-Man to be paired with Frank West, the main protagonist of Capcom's Dead Rising, as both are photographers who maintain a sense of humor in serious situations and both battle with cannibalistic enemies (Spider-Man with Venom and Frank with the undead). Frank West had to be removed from the game late in the development process but he appears in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
- Spidey's alternate costumes in Marvel vs Capcom 3 are the Symbiote suit he wore in the mid-1980s story arc crossover "Secret Wars" that later became Venom, the Iron Spider armor given to him by Iron Man during Civil War, and the red stealth suit.
- Spider-Man's clone, Ben Reilly, appears as a downloadable alternate costume.
- When he defeats Felicia in a match when she is the last partner of an opposing team, he questions the coincidence of dealing with "cat" women named "Felicia".
- Spider-Man, along with Captain America, Shuma-Gorath, Sentinel, and Dr. Doom, are the only Marvel characters in MvC3 to retain their respective themes in all the games they have been playable in.
- He is one of the last fighters that has made an appearance as a playable character in every single Marvel vs Capcom game since the first one.
- Spider-Man mentions The Spectacular Spider-Ham in one of this victory quotes.
- He is humorously depicted as a Robot Master in a faux Mega Man game parody ad for Marvel Vs Capcom as Kumo-Man.
- 9 Appearances of Peter Parker (Earth-30847)
- 1 Minor Appearances of Peter Parker (Earth-30847)
- Media Peter Parker (Earth-30847) was Mentioned in
- 20 Images featuring Peter Parker (Earth-30847)
- 2 Quotations by or about Peter Parker (Earth-30847)
- Character Gallery: Peter Parker (Earth-30847)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Spider-Verse #2
- ↑ Marvel Super Heroes (Arcade Game)
- ↑ Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes
- ↑ Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes
- ↑ Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
- ↑ Twitter - Dan Slott
- ↑ Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
- ↑ http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/dec/13/random-marvel-vs-capcom-3-factoids-event-japan/
- ↑ Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
|Like this? Let us know!|