- Alright, people, let’s do this one last time. My name is Peter B. Parker. I was bitten by a radioactive spider. And for the last twenty-two years, I thought I was the one and only Spider-Man. I’m pretty sure you know the rest. You see I saved the city, fell in love, I got married, saved the city some more, maybe too much, my marriage got testy, made some dicey money choices -- don’t invest in a Spider-themed restaurant. Then like fifteen years passed, blah, blah, blah, super boring, I broke my back, a drone flew into my face, I buried Aunt May, my wife and I split up. But I handled it like a champion. ‘Cause you know what? No matter how many times I get hit, I always get back up.
- -- Peter B. Parker src
Superhero, Super Disaster
Unlike his Earth-TRN700 counterpart, Peter suffered lots of problems, both in his personal life and in health, making terrible business decisions, breaking his back, crashing into a Drone, losing his Aunt May, and divorcing from his wife due to the fear of being unable to protect her and the child she wanted to have. Some time later, Peter had regressed into eating pizza and developing a prominent gut when he was sucked into another universe. There he learned that his counterpart had died, and came to visit his grave. Unknown to him, someone else with spider-powers was also there, and accidentally knocked Peter unconscious.
Saving the Spider-Verse
After shaking off his captor, Miles Morales, Peter learned that Miles was actually another spider-powered person, and that he was on a mission to stop the Kingpin from opening another inter-dimensional portal, which could destroy the Multiverse. Reluctant to help Miles at first, he soon adopted his role as a begrudging mentor to Miles. During their adventures, Peter and Miles came across four other Spider-powered beings from across the multiverse, and they worked together to finish his counterpart's original goal of shutting down the portal. Peter went through the portal to return to his original reality before it closed. He later showed up on his ex-wife's doorstep, groomed and holding a bouquet of flowers. 
- Genius-Level Intellect: Peter was able to memorize Doctor Octopus' 26-digit computer password upon first seeing her enter it on her keyboard. He is also familiar with physics and quantum theory.
- Former Spider-Man actor Tobey Maguire was considered for the role of this version of Peter Parker. However, the inclusion of him or any live-action Spider-Man actors such as Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland was avoided to avoid confusing the audiences.
- Internally during the production of Into the Spider-Verse, the Peter native to Miles' reality and the foreign Peter were referred to as "RIPeter" and "Burrito Peter," respectively.
- The "B." in Peter B. Parker stands for the character's usual middle name across his different versions, Benjamin. For Into the Spider-Verse's producer and screenwriter Phil Lord, it also stood for "B grade or B-List or B-picture," to accentuate that Peter B. Parker was a lesser Peter than the one from Miles' universe.
- Peter finds his Earth-TRN700 counterpart perfect as he was blonde and young.
- Peter is 38 years old as he became Spider-Man at the age of 16 and has been the hero for 22 years.
- This version of Peter Parker is implied to Jewish (unlike most other versions of the character, who are typically Protestant Christian or atheist). This can be shown in the flashback to his marriage to Mary Jane, where he steps his foot on a glass during the ceremony (a Jewish marriage tradition).
- 2 Appearances of Peter Parker (Earth-TRN701)
- Minor Appearances of Peter Parker (Earth-TRN701)
- Media Peter Parker (Earth-TRN701) was Mentioned in
- 22 Images featuring Peter Parker (Earth-TRN701)
- 1 Quotations by or about Peter Parker (Earth-TRN701)
- Character Gallery: Peter Parker (Earth-TRN701)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
- ↑ Singer, Matt (4 December 2018). Tobey Maguire Was Considered for ‘Spider-Verse’s Peter Parker. Screen Crush. Retrieved on 26 April 2019.
- ↑ Kondo, Nick (4 January 2019). Nick Kondo 近藤 on Twitter: "⭐️Fun Fact (and spoiler alert!)⭐️ The two Peters in #IntoTheSpiderVerse were referred to in the studio as "RIPeter" and "Burrito Peter" to keep it clear who we were talking about during conversations/animation rounds/etc...". Twitter. Retrieved on 13 January 2020.
- ↑ Lord, Phil (4 January 2019). Phil Lord on Twitter: "the B stands for Benjamin, per canon. and it can ALSO stand for Burrito. And for me it stood for the B grade or B-List or B-picture. A lesser Peter. You decide what it means for you.". Twitter. Retrieved on 13 January 2020.
|Like this? Let us know!|