One day, when Christopher with family were returning from vacation, their plane was destroyed and entire family was believed to be dead. In truth, however, Christopher was kidnaped and spent subsequent years as space pirate Corsair, while Scott and Alex suffered traumatic amnesia and were separated from each other after the incident.
Only many years later had Philip and Deborah learned that their son and grandsons were still alive. Christopher had reunited with his now adult sons and reintroduced them to their grandparents. Unfortunately, they came at the busiest season, so Philip and Deborah could not met them personally and sent their new employee - Madelyne Pryor - instead.
Several months later Scott visited his grandparents to tell them that happened with Madelyne and their son.
In more recent years Philip started to lose his eyesight. Realizing that soon he would no longer be able to fly a plane, he decided to fly for one last time. Unfortunately, he couldn't control the plane and it crashed. Incidentally, Adam-X was passing by that area and rescued Philip from the downed plane.
Adam helped the injured Philip and made a shelter for them. They talked about their past, and Adam eventually revealed his identity as an alien from another planet. Philip was fascinated about how amazing it should be to travel among the stars, and if he was going to die that night, and it can't be in the arms of his Deborah, then nothing would make more sense to him than passing on in the company of someone who had flown where he had only dreamed of going. With his last phrase, Philip lost consciousness due to hypothermia. Adam realized that despite his best efforts Philip would die, so he used his powers to warm Philip body for the entire night.
The next morning, a helicopter spotted the shelter and Philip was hospitalized in Anchorage. Philip completely lost his eyesight, but due to Adam's help he managed to survive. Adam visited him in hospital where he met Jean Grey. Recognizing her as a telepath, Adam asked her to link him to Philip so he could share his memories about the days he served as a Shi'ar combat pilot.
- According to X-Men: The Exterminated #1 Nathan Summers was named "Nathan" in his honor. While it is possible that Nathan is Philip's second name, it is more likely a continuity error. As explained in X-Factor #37, Madelyne named her son "Nathan", because as a child Cyclops was bullied by a boy named Nathan and hated this name ever since.
- 7 Appearances of Philip Summers (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Philip Summers (Earth-616)
- Media Philip Summers (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 5 Images featuring Philip Summers (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Philip Summers (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Philip Summers (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|