The Israelites, then including many idols-worshipers, went to battle with the Philistine, bringing the Ark of the Covenant to ensure their victory. Allegedly due to God being angry to the Israelites who worshiped idols, the Philistines won the battle and took the Ark. They brought it to their city of Ashdod and placed the Ark in the temple of Dagon. The two next nights, the statue of Dagon fell or broke, and the Philistines returned the Ark to the Israelites, as the prophet Samuel had said they would.
- 2 Appearances of Philistines
- Minor Appearances of Philistines
- 4 Media Philistines was Mentioned in
- Images that include Philistines
- Team Gallery: Philistines