- Mr. Stark, this is Phillip Barnett, my aide. It was Phillip who developed the computer system you see behind him-- One which utilizes a hypersonic scan technique to bypass the protective refractory coating on Iron Man's armor. That technique was used to neutralize the armor's controls on several occasions, causing what you undoubtedly deemed 'malfunctions'.
Phillip Barnett was an employee of Justin Hammer. He helped his employer hijack Iron Man's armor. Phillip developed a computer system which could neutralize the controls of Iron Man Armor Model 4 and manipulate its actions. Tony Stark thought that the armor was simply malfunctioning. 
When Tony Stark was kidnapped by Hammer, Phillip was tasked with opening his briefcase, which secretly contained the Iron Man armor, but failed. When Hammer's plan to defeat Iron Man in his Villa failed and it sunk in the process, Iron Man rescued Barnett from drowning, and later forced him to testify against Hammer in order to clean his name for the things he was forced to do when his suit was hijacked, like murdering ambassor Sergei Kotzinin.
When the Scorpion eventually failed to accomplish his task, Phillip witnessed Hammer enlisting other operatives to bring him back.
- 13 Appearances of Phillip Barnett (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Phillip Barnett (Earth-616)
- Media Phillip Barnett (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 4 Images featuring Phillip Barnett (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Phillip Barnett (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Phillip Barnett (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|