Piotr Rasputin was one of the many superhumans captured and enslaved by the Skrulls to fight in their arena as one of the many "competitors". When Piotr was first seen, he was shown battling Ben Grimm in the Games.
When Terrax, herald of Galactus, arrived on Earth, Piotr, along with all other heroes, were released from imprisonment. Piotr combined his power with the other heroes and killed Terrax.
When Galactus arrived, Piotr combined his strength with Ben Grimm and the Banner Beast, but Galactus proved strong enough to send Piotr and many of the other heroes flying.
When Galactus was driven away, Piotr, among many other heroes, started rebuilding their world after a century of slavery by the Skrulls.
Piotr possesses various superhuman physical attributes as a result of natural genetic mutation
Organic Steel Transformation: Piotr is a mutant with the superhuman ability to convert the tissue of his entire body into an organic steel-like substance. This substance resembling steel is of unknown composition but appears to be analogous to osmium and to carbon steel. He is able to transform into this armor-like state at will (the process is virtually instantaneous) and remain in that form for an as yet undetermined amount of time. Once in his armored form he remains so until he consciously wills himself back to normal. If he is rendered unconscious, however, he spontaneously reverts to his normal form. While in the armored state, Piotr possesses the same degree of mobility that he does in his normal form. The conversion from flesh and bone to organic steel is accomplished by a psionic whole-brain interface with an ionic form of osmium, an extremely dense metal, located in another dimension. In willing the act of transformation, Piotr actually exchanges osmium atoms for his carbon atoms. The psionic interface with the other dimension re-creates all of Colossus's body in functionally similar organic ionic-osmium materials. The process by which Colossus gains additional mass from an unknown, perhaps extra-dimensional, force remains unknown. Colossus cannot become partially or selectively armored; his body is either entirely converted or not.
- Superhuman Strength: After transforming into his armored state, Piotr possesses vast superhuman strength. As a teenager, he was sufficiently strong enough to lift about 70 tons. However, as a fully mature adult, his strength has increased, though the exact amount he can lift isn't clear. It is known that he is able to lift far in excess of 100 tons.
- Superhuman Stamina: Also, while in armored form, Piotr's musculature produces considerably less fatigue toxins than the musculature of a normal human. At his peak, he can physically exert himself at peak capacity for several days before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair him.
- Superhuman Durability: In his armored form Piotr is invulnerable to most forms of bodily harm. His armor is capable of withstanding ballistic penetration, including that of a 110 millimeter Howitzer shell. He can survive extremes of temperature from 70 degrees above absolute zero (-390 degrees Fahrenheit) to approximately 9000 degrees Fahrenheit. He can also survive falls from great heights while in his armored body. Piotr tends to jump at foes from a height creatng a shockwave when he lands, due to his armored form. He can go without food, water, or air for many days while transformed, though he would eventually require sustenance.
Expert Combatant: Even though Piotr has a gentle demeanor and personality, he is a skilled hand to hand combatant.
- 3 Appearances of Piotr Rasputin (Earth-5692)
- Minor Appearances of Piotr Rasputin (Earth-5692)
- Media Piotr Rasputin (Earth-5692) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring Piotr Rasputin (Earth-5692)
- Quotations by or about Piotr Rasputin (Earth-5692)
- Character Gallery: Piotr Rasputin (Earth-5692)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|