Hours before the expected arrival of a Chitauri invasion, the station received superficial damage from Hydra double-agent and suicide bomber James Q. Reed, providing the Hydra-loyalist Captain America a cover to manually delay the deployment of the Shield, which forced some of Earth's heavy hitters to travel to Earth's orbit to fend off the invading armada while Iron Man and Ironheart assisted in repairing the generator. As soon as the armor-clad heroes discovered the system's malfunctions were actually an arbitrary meddling, they were forced to escape when attacked by a Hydra unit that took over control of the station. Captain America then deployed the Shield, sealing off the heroes in orbit from the restof the planet.
The Shield was subsequently destroyed, but the fate of its base station is unknown.
- While the Planetary Defense Shield was beamed through this main installation,a network of automated signal-boost outpost were stationed worldwide at regular intervals.
- 6 Appearances of Planetary Defense Shield Base Station
- 1 Minor Appearances of Planetary Defense Shield Base Station
- 1 Media Planetary Defense Shield Base Station was Mentioned in
- Location Gallery: Planetary Defense Shield Base Station
- 3 Images related to Planetary Defense Shield Base Station