- Venom? Venom was a hopeless loser. Venom didn't realize his full potential. Venom was a sad, lonely creature. I'm so much more now. But if you can't find it in your heart to call me Peter.. Then how about... Poison? Yes. Poison. And I can share myself with you. I have this ability now. I can replicate myself within you. You'll be just like me, and we'll be together...
After "dying" following his encounter against Morlun, Peter Parker was engulfed in a cocoon. However, he didn't accept the Great Weaver's offer to be resurrected and accept his arachnid nature, and instead of being reborn Peter remained in the cocoon in a state of incomplete metamorphosis.
The Venom symbiote sensed what was happening to Parker and immediately abandoned Mac Gargan, escaping from their cell and slaughtering the guards -- taking over one of them to escape the prison. Upon reaching Peter Parker's cocoon under the Brooklyn Bridge, the symbiote let the guard fall to his death and entered the cocoon to bond to Peter's body and bridge the gap in his metamorphosis. Over the course of several months, the symbiote did battle with the remnants of Peter's consciousness and eventually destroyed his psyche, permanently bonding to him and taking over his body.
The symbiote-possessed Peter arrived to the Stark Tower, defeating Wolverine and Luke Cage when they attacked him. When confronted by Mary Jane Watson-Parker, the gestalt entity renamed himself "Poison" and offered to have her undergo a similar transformation. After being rejected, Poison left and unearthed Gwen Stacy's corpse, turning her into a Carnage-like creature to be his companion.
Variable with host
Vulnerable to sound and heat
- 1 Appearances of Poison (Klyntar) (Earth-70134)
- 1 Minor Appearances of Poison (Klyntar) (Earth-70134)
- Media Poison (Klyntar) (Earth-70134) was Mentioned in
- 16 Images featuring Poison (Klyntar) (Earth-70134)
- Quotations by or about Poison (Klyntar) (Earth-70134)
- Character Gallery: Poison (Klyntar) (Earth-70134)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|