On his way home from the Trojan War, storms led Odysseus' ship to the Hidden Isle the home of the Cyclops, who started eating the crew of the ships. Odysseus managed to trick Polyphemus and along with his companions, blinded the Cyclops. Before they left, though, he did the mistake of revealing his identity to Polyphemus, who then told his father, the god Poseidon; this had a major impact on the hero's travel, as the god sent rough seas throughout the journey.
A man named Duncan found Polyphemus on an island encased in ice. He freed him with an ax and the monster attempted to destroy him. Duncan lead the creature across another patch of ice covering a crevasse which was too thin to support his weight and the Cyclops found himself buried in the crevasse once again. During this time, the Polyphemus referred to himself as "Cyclops."
He was summoned by the Huntsman to battle Hercules and the Sub-Mariner alongside Scylla and Charybdis. In this appearance, Polyphemus was depicted with a bald head and having a diamond in place of his eye.
- Polyphemus from Tales of Suspense #10 was said to have been temporarily blinded by Ulysses while the one that was summoned by Hunstsman was permanently blind.
- 8 Appearances of Polyphemus (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Polyphemus (Earth-616)
- Media Polyphemus (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 7 Images featuring Polyphemus (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Polyphemus (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Polyphemus (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|