- Great portions of the western coast including Vanaheim and Pictland sank, while the mountains of western Cimmeria became what would later be called the British Isles.
- The Stygian Continent broke from the rest of the world-continent of Hyboria flooding Argos, western Koth, and western Shem and forming the Mediterranean Sea.
- It virtually erased evidence of the existence of society developed from Atlantean refugees from the Great Cataclysm who scattered to surviving islands: Antillia, Avalon, Mayapan, Opar, Ptahuacan, Ruta, and Zothique.
- It possibly (see notes) destroyed the island of Mu, save for a kingdom which was protected under a dome, and remained ten thousand years below the Pacific Ocean.
Afterward, champions and menaces emerged throughout the world.
- The story "The Kingdom Beneath the Sea" (Namora #1) depicts the sinking of the island of Mu as occuring ten thousand years ago. While it is known that Mu sank during the Great Cataclysm that sank Atlantis (circa 18,000 BC), two explanations are possible:
- An error on the date. Similarly, the Great Cataclysm is sometimes erroneously stated to happen circa 10,000 BC.
- The post-Hyborian cataclysm occured between 9,500 and 8,000 BC, and could fit for a second major cataclysm hitting Mu (who would have partially resisted the Great Cataclysm, or developed back after it).
- Media the post-Hyborian cataclysm was mentioned in
- Pages referring to the "post-Hyborian cataclysm" event
- Media "Post-Hyborian Cataclysm" was Mentioned in
- Images showing "Post-Hyborian Cataclysm"
- Event Gallery: Post-Hyborian Cataclysm
Links and References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Savage Sword of Conan #17; The Hyborian Age - Chapter 6
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Mystic Arcana: The Book of Marvel Magic #1; Tribe of the Moon's entry
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #1; Atlantis' entry
- ↑ All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #8; N'Garai's entry
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Namora #1; The Kingdom Beneath the Sea
- ↑ Marvel Atlas #2; Atlantis's entry
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.