Appearing in "Battle With the Baron!"
- United States of America
Synopsis for "Battle With the Baron!"
Continued from last issue... Luke Cage battles Big Brother, having tracked him down to his hide out. However, after Luke shows that he is more powerful than suspected. However, Big Brother manages to stop Luke Cage from fighting and shows him that Chemistro was really an agent of the medieval themed criminal the Baron, and asks for Luke's aid in his defeat. After Cage leaves, Big Brother sends his agent, the Cheshire Cat, cloaked with an electrical invisibility, to spy on Cage and his activities.
Returning for a quick visit to Noah and Claire at the hospital, Luke also visits Curtis Carr one more time. Curtis builds Luke a device that will neutralize Chemistro's powers. Luke then goes to the Baron's base and battles his minions, depowers Chemistro and defeats the Baron himself. With the Baron defeated, Luke learns that Big Brother isn't just satisfied with committing crimes, but with the total destruction of everything. As, Luke prepares to go and fight Big Brother, his agent Cheshire Cat (having monitored these events) returns to his boss to report.
This story is continued next issue...
- This issue contains a letters page, Comments to Cage. Letters are published from "Doc" Proksch, Michele Wheeler, Bill Clark, and Ann Nichols. A small pin-up of Luke Cage: Power Man is also displayed. (To this editor, the art indicates some work by John Romita Sr..)
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Power Man Vol 1 39 on the forums
- 6 Images from Power Man Vol 1 39
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|