Appearing in "The Scarab's Sting!"
- Heroes for Hire
- Toby (First appearance)
- Professor Merridew
- New York City
- Georgia (Only in flashback)
- Seagate Prison (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "The Scarab's Sting!"
After trying to teach Power Man some martial arts, Iron Fist doesn't understand when Luke responds badly. Luke returns to his old office at the Gem Theater to call it a night. The next day at their new office Jeryn introduces them to their new secretary Jennie Royce. They are then hired by Ahmet Abdol (secretly the Living Monolith) and Professor Merridew to protect an exhibit of ancient Egyptian artifacts that are on display at the Metropolitan Museum.
That night there is an attempted robbery orchestrated by Senor Suerte (the brother of the original), but the Heroes for Hire manage to stop the robbery and round up the crooks for the police. Suerte manages to escape, and when it turns out that during all the confusion all the artifacts were replaced by fakes, Power Man and Iron Fist are blamed.
While Power Man takes to the streets to check his connections in order to learn anything he can about the robbery, Iron Fist aids Lt. Scarfe in interrogating one of the criminals. When the two heroes follow up with each other later, they decide to follow their only lead: Ahmet Abdol, their only possible suspect. When they crash into his apartment, they are shocked to find the Living Monolith alive and back to his full power.
This story is continued next issue...
- This issue contains a letters page, Power/Fistfuls. Letters are published from Mike Cirillo, Rick Maol, Gordon Scott Manley, Fred Scoblete, and Jane Winter.
- Luke Cage refers to Seagate Prison as "Little Alcatraz".
- Showing at the Gem Theater this issue: Gunfight at the O.K. Corral with Kirk Douglass
- Believe it or not, Luke Cage collects information on the heist this issue on "Hoe Street"!
|Like this? Let us know!|