Appearing in "Something Sinister"
- Magneto (Erik Lensherr) (Only in flashback)
- Professor X (Charles Xavier) (Only in flashback)
- Cypher (Doug Ramsey) (Merged with Warlock) (Only in flashback)
- Man-Machine Ascendancy
- Mister Sinister (Nathaniel Essex) (Only in flashback)
- Okkara (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Sinister clones (Only in flashback)
- God (Yahweh) (Invoked) (Only in flashback)
- The Red Diamond (Name only)
- Jumbo Carnation (Name only)
- Madelyne Pryor (Name only)
- N'astirh (Name only)
- Thunderbird (John Proudstar) (Name only)
- Wolverine (Logan) (Name only)
- Marvel Girl (Jean Grey) (Name only)
- Cable (Nate Summers) (Name only)
- Scott Summers (Name only)
- Ernst (Name only)
- Alex Summers (Name only)
- Gabriel Summers (Name only)
- Apocalypse (En Sabah Nur) (Only in flashback)
- First Horsemen of Apocalype (Only in flashback)
- Brotherhood of the Shield (Mentioned)
- Sage (Tessa) (Name only)
- Black Tom Cassidy (Name only)
- Trinary (Name only)
- Beast (Hank McCoy) (Name only)
- Forge (Name only)
Races and Species:
- Mutants (Only in flashback)
- Humans (Only in flashback)
- Krakoas (Only in flashback)
- Technarchy (Only in flashback)
- Gods (Mentioned) (Only in flashback)
- Post-Humans (Unnamed)
- Prime Marvel Universe (Only in flashback)
- Earth-TRN753 (Year One Thousand)
- The Nexus
- Magneto's Helmet (Only in flashback)
- Flowers of Krakoa (Name only)
- Transmode Virus (Main story and flashback)
- X-Uniform (Only in flashback)
- Twilight Sword (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Scarab (First appearance) (Only in flashback) (Unnamed)
- Inferno (Name only)
Synopsis for "Something Sinister"
Professor X and Magneto travel to Bar Sinister in order to seek an audience with Mr. Sinister. Having become aware of Sinister's work in cataloguing the world's DNA, the pair ask him to prioritize creating a comprehensive database of all mutant DNA, offering to help him acquire samples that would otherwise be difficult for him to find, including their own. Sinister is uninterested, having already experimented with introducing the mutant gene into his own genetic structure and finding the results unsatisfactory, but is suddenly killed by one of his clones, the one with a mutant gene. The clone assumes his position as "lead" Sinister and agrees to their plan. Xavier has Sinister begin the work, and uses his powers to make him forget their agreement until the day he allows him to remember.
Xavier and Cypher travel to the mutant island of Krakoa. After some effort, Xavier has succeeded in establishing a telepathic connection with Krakoa, which has furthered relations between Krakoa and mutantkind. Xavier's connection to Krakoa allows them to communicate in a rudimentary fashion, but Cypher's powers allow him to quickly decipher Krakoa's language, and to act as a translator, as Krakoa begins telling them a story; in ancient times, Krakoa was one half of a land known as Okkara. One day, Okkara was torn asunder by a creature wielding the Twilight Sword. From the chasm came the "enemy", who threatened to consume the entire world, if they had not been stopped by the first mutant. Using his immense powers, he sealed the breach, and set his four to sentinel the enemy's home, permanently separating Krakoa from its other half. Xavier telepathically transmits his plans for Krakoa to Cypher, who sets to work designing an interface that will allow other mutants to communicate with Krakoa directly, without his aid. He asks Xavier for a year to finish his work.
Having summoned the Phalanx, the first of the Elders communicates with them. He presents them with his "seer-self", a machine vessel which the Phalanx consume. He asks them to repeat a sequence known only to him, which they do, and then asks if this solution is satisfactory to them, whereupon the Phalanx begin processing the situation. Having witnessed this, the Librarian asks what just happened. His companion explains that the Phalanx are the forerunners of a galactic empire believed to have dominion over the entirety of the known universe. The Phalanx have the ability to integrate any machine intelligence into its collective, and if that intelligence is found worthy, it will eventually be subsumed into the empire. However, the process does not work on biological entities. In order to get around this, the Man-Machine Ascendancy will copy themselves over to empty host machine vessels that the Phalanx can absorb. As they await whether or not the Phalanx will find this solution satisfactory, the Phalanx consumes two of the other Elders.
As Cerebro does as it was intended to do, Sinister does what Sinister does best and the future comes to an end. Superstar writer Jonathan Hickman (FF, NEW AVENGERS, INFINITY) continues his reshaping of X-History alongside breakout artist R.B. Silva (UNCANNY X-MEN). The Future of the X-Men begins here!
- Professor X and Cypher communicate with Krakoa using their telepathic and omnilingual powers respectively. Cypher then creates a computer interface to allow other mutants to communicate directly with Krakoa. This shouldn't have been necessary as Krakoa was perfectly capable of communicating with normal humans, as shown in Journey into Mystery: The Birth of Krakoa #1.
|House of X / Powers of X|
|House of X #1||Powers of X #1||House of X #2||Powers of X #2||Powers of X #3||House of X #3|
|House of X #4||Powers of X #4||House of X #5||Powers of X #5||House of X #6||Powers of X #6|