Proteus received a magic necklace from Jacqueline Trufaut that allowed to shape-shift. Proteus and his allies later murdered Jakka, an Atlantean commander who was sent by King Namor to investigate the area. Proteus then transformed into Jakka's likeness to set a trap for Namor.
Disguised as Jakka, Proteus lured Namor to Amphitrite and forced him to fight him in an arena. Proteus transformed into various forms as he battled Namor, but Namor eventually defeated him. Proteus and his allies later gathered to face Namor in a final battle. What became of Proteus isn't revealed, but it can be presumed that he was defeated along with his allies.
- Atlantean Abilities: Proteus possesses the conventional attributes of Homo mermanus: gills that extract oxygen from water, superhuman physiology to withstand extreme pressures and temperatures, and acute vision. He can swim at approximately 30 miles per hour. He can remain out of water for approximately nine minutes before beginning to suffocate. However, he can operate on the surface by wearing a water-filled helmet or using a chemical that enables him to draw oxygen from the air.
- Mystic necklace, provides the ability to turn into any number of shapes, from humanoid shapes to elemental ones. In any shape he takes the necklace could always be seen. Proteus seemed to gain the powers of whatever shape he took.
- 3 Appearances of Proteus (Atlantean Shapeshifter) (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Proteus (Atlantean Shapeshifter) (Earth-616)
- Media Proteus (Atlantean Shapeshifter) (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 3 Images featuring Proteus (Atlantean Shapeshifter) (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Proteus (Atlantean Shapeshifter) (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Proteus (Atlantean Shapeshifter) (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|