Quentin Beck worked for Wonder Studios as part of a special effects crew. They tried to produce a car chase for a movie, filming a scene of sequential explosions on the Brooklyn Bridge. However, a helicopter was accidentally damaged and crashed, and the crew had also hidden a mortar without a permit. Spider-Man arrived at the scene and webbed up Beck. Beck was sentenced to a year in jail for his part in the incident, and swore revenge on the wall-crawler.
After his release, Beck planned his revenge on Spider-Man for several months, creating effective carbon copys of Spider-Man and illusions to use to frame him. He managed to successfully damage the hero' reputation, but he was stopped by Spider-Man and Lt. Terri Lee, and put in prison once again.
Mysterio created a studio in secret. Beck was in love with a woman named Miranda Wilson, a former actress who was disfigured. He planned to swap bodies with the similar-looking Mary Jane Watson. He kidnapped Mary Jane's clone. Spider-Man teamed up with Mysterio, battling robot versions of super-villains he'd fought in the past, which Mysterio had planned to one day use to lure Spider-Man to his destruction. The studio exploded, Spider-Man saved Mary Jane, but Quentin and Miranda apparently died in the explosion.
Powers and Abilities
- Holocubes: Holocubes are small cube-shaped projectors that project life-like 3-Dimensional images around the surrounding area. There are a variety of versions, from making look like a roof is collapsing, to making it seem as if the target has been teleported to a jungle. They activate from pressed, whether from being squeezed, to being stepped on.
- 5 appearance(s) of Quentin Beck (Earth-92131)
- 1 mentions of Quentin Beck (Earth-92131)
- 13 image(s) of Quentin Beck (Earth-92131)
- 2 quotation(s) by or about Quentin Beck (Earth-92131)