The Council's inaugural meeting was for drafting and implementing a set of initial laws for Krakoa. After much discussion, often revolving around the complication of mutants such as Sabretooth, the Council decided upon three basic laws for the fledgling nation: 1) Make more mutants; 2) Murder no man; 3) Respect the sacred land of Krakoa.
Due to Sabretooth's violent nature, repeated and longtime disregard for life and following orders, the Council voted to exile him to the unseen depths of the Krakoa that would leave him in a stasis-like condition because he could not be executed as his death would violate their new laws, as well as make him eligible for "resurrection protocols;" and could not be released back into the outside world because mutants no longer fell under jurisdiction of humanity.
X of Swords
Following Saturnyne's Tournaments of Swords and battle in Otherworld, the Quiet Council lost two of its members with • --|A|-- • staying in Amenth with his his wife and Jean resigning to co-lead the X-Men into Otherworld to save her son.
The Council itself was divided up into four sections of three seats and named after the seasons:
- Autumn originally consisted of Apocalypse, Professor X, and Magneto, representing the three greatest traditional and historical heads of mutant society.
- Spring originally consisted of the Black King, the White Queen, and the initially undetermined Red King, representing Krakoa's economic interests through the Hellfire Trading Company. Kate Pryde joined after being given the position of Red Queen.
- Summer consisted of Marvel Girl, Nightcrawler, and Storm, representing the more empathetic, level-headed, and just members of mutantkind (coincidentally, all former X-Men).
- Winter originally consisted of Exodus, Mister Sinister, and Mystique, representing the more zealous, radical, and morally ambiguous elements of mutant society.
- Lastly, an adjunct to the council consisted of Cypher and Krakoa, representing the interests and needs of the entity itself.
- Cyclops and Namor were offered seats on the Quiet Council of Krakoa but declined.
- Members of the Quiet Council receive priority in the resurrection queue.
- The Quiet Council of Krakoa mirrors the Great Ring of Arakko, including similar laws, seats and table placement, and a representative of Arakko itself.
- 53 appearance(s) of Quiet Council of Krakoa (Earth-616)
- 6 minor appearance(s) of Quiet Council of Krakoa (Earth-616)
- 43 mention(s) of Quiet Council of Krakoa (Earth-616)
- 24 image(s) of Quiet Council of Krakoa (Earth-616)
- 14 member(s) of Quiet Council of Krakoa (Earth-616)
- 1 item(s) used/owned by Quiet Council of Krakoa (Earth-616)